Mass Shootings in the US

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you on this. Most int, including the DEA and ATF suggests it's the other way round. Guns and weapons flow into Mexico, drugs go the other way for payment. Particularly lax states are Arizona and New Mexico.
That is the situation at the moment, with a lot of drugs and very few weapons coming North, generally things like full autos that are hard to get in the US. But if the drug gangs thought that the weapons they need to control the drug trade were becoming harder to get in the US, swapping out a few tons of drugs each year for a few tons of weapons and ammo is highly likely.

If he lives in the UK would he be allowed to buy the amount of ammunition he claims to have done on Saturday ?.
Well if I had the funds I would be able to buy, as allowed on my FAC , 1000 rds .22, 1000 rds .32, 1000 rds 9mm, 1000 rds .45, 1000 rds 44 magnum and 1000 rds 7.62 NATO , where I would store them I don't know as I would need another safe . I usually only buy what I need when I visit the club and use them there and then.

See Thomas Hamilton enquiring how long it would take for Armed feds to get to Dunblaine Primary school.
Natch, no one pressed the morons of the Scottish Police Farce why they didn’t wonder why the local nutter with a string of firearms issues behind him was asking that question.
Thomas Hamilton and his deeds predate the Scottish Police Farce by 18 years.

Police Scotland need a new Chief Constable and are advertising. With your tactical and operational expertise and strategic vision you'd surely be in with a shout.

No matter how correct you are, there are 49 states that say your wrong.

It’s like the ‘tards who’s first thought at a car crash is to film people being burned to death in their cars rather than try and free them..see the M5 crash or the recent helicopter crash in Grand Canyon
Running towards a vehicle with flammable liquid inside it, is the job for those part time plumbers, I would like to see you run towards a burning car and try to open the doors.

Cheers easy

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Well if I had the funds I would be able to buy, as allowed on my FAC , 1000 rds .22, 1000 rds .32, 1000 rds 9mm, 1000 rds .45, 1000 rds 44 magnum and 1000 rds 7.62 NATO , where I would store them I don't know as I would need another safe . I usually only buy what I need when I visit the club and use them there and then.
Given your User name you are in Northern Ireland?

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you on this. Most int, including the DEA and ATF suggests it's the other way round. Guns and weapons flow into Mexico, drugs go the other way for payment. Particularly lax states are Arizona and New Mexico.
Maybe you aren’t talking to the right agents? My BP buddy said a lot of Automatic weapons found around the border (Mexican side) are indeed from the U.S. surplus Military issue given to the Mexican government and then passed straight to cartels.

I just saw a video the other day showing the cartels taking out each other with.50 cal M2’s. I suppose some unscrupulous dealer sold them it?

You missed out: Kinder eggs and haggis aren’t allowed into the US...
Not sure about Haggis but kinder eggs are readily available.

Were the bear and cougar there before Man arrived?
Who the hell cares? I suppose you don’t eat any meat or use any animal products either?

No Haggis
No Kinder Eggs

My G'wad no wonder they have a love affair with fire arms.

Dam'n right. AR 15's in the Easter Basket not Kinder Eggs.

How the hell does one celebrate Robbie Burns day with out a Haggis? Repeat ably firing
your assault weapon in any old direction is just not the same as a piped in haggis.

Next they'll be banning Base Ball cards: Paper cuts on the trigger finger.

(Now this all said tongue in cheek, but I do expect the true gun lovers will have some snotty remarks.)

Why licence the machine? It's an inanimate object.

Statement still holds true. You can't put the genie back in the bottle. Enforcing existing regulations is the way to go, instead of pissing about with new regs in an effort to be seen to be doing something to appease the strident ones while achieving fook all. Going to piss off the civil liberties mob though.
You're not licencing the machine, it pertains to the person allowed to use the machine. Its a ridiculous argument anyway. The numbers of gun deaths in the USA are directly attributable to the number held and the odd idiot who uses them for nefarious purposes. Until we start stopping stupid people breeding, you have to licence the use of the machine. In this case a gun.

Germany has problems with wild boar but the whole population is not getting tooled up.
The problem with wild boar is the damage they cause to farmers fields and gardens. After a visit from piggy your garden looks like a WWI battlefield. They represent no danger to humans unless you are stupid enough to approach piglets when the sau is around. Apart from which the hunters of whom there are plenty are normally called in by the police to sort out problem pigs, eg road traffic collision car versus pig. The pig normally survives sort of, but needs to be put down.

Actually the Germans are tooling up, as a direct consequence of terrorist attacks plus refugees getting violent there has been a massive increase in the sales of pepper spray and gas pistols, which look very real but fire either special blanks or gas cartridges.

...This is just another dangerous machine that should also be licenced...

Your words, not mine. Already mentioned the law should be enforced as it stands, along with tweaking the criteria for ownership to include knowledge of local and national statutes and a one off competence check before being signed out. I believe the NRA advocates a certain level of training which should perhaps be encouraged.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Your words, not mine. Already mentioned the law should be enforced as it stands, along with tweaking the criteria for ownership to include knowledge of local and national statutes and a one off competence check before being signed out. I believe the NRA advocates a certain level of training which should perhaps be encouraged.

Zeroing, adjusting for windage, stance, trigger pull technique?

Safety and handling AFAIK. Stopping folks shooting themselves or others by accident has to be a good start. Competence is not a bad thing.

As to enforcing existing laws, the idiots posting vids on yootoob of them shooting themselves in the arse need to have their bumps felt and face possible negligence charges. Do that where I shoot and get shopped immediately.