Mass Shootings in the US

Mandatory training, competence checks and knowledge of local statutes re firearms may be a start to filter out the loons. Card issued allowing purchase of firearms and ammunition once certified. The idiot factor may see it as too much trouble and try an alternative route if they're serious about things.

Trouble is the genie is already out of the bottle and there's not much that can be done to get it back. Actual enforcement of existing statutes would be a good place to start but once the civil liberties lot get involved that could become a little one sided.

Americans have to pass tests and have their ID held by the government in order to operate dangerous machinery already. This is just another dangerous machine that should also be licenced. The fact it isn't is a victory for the multi millions the Gun lobby spends in DC.

Why licence the machine? It's an inanimate object.

Statement still holds true. You can't put the genie back in the bottle. Enforcing existing regulations is the way to go, instead of pissing about with new regs in an effort to be seen to be doing something to appease the strident ones while achieving fook all. Going to piss off the civil liberties mob though.

Why licence the machine? It's an inanimate object.

Statement still holds true. You can't put the genie back in the bottle. Enforcing existing regulations is the way to go, instead of pissing about with new regs in an effort to be seen to be doing something to appease the strident ones while achieving fook all. Going to piss off the civil liberties mob though.

Because inanimate objects can be waved around on TV.

Review after review in the UK has said stop obsessing about licensing and recording the details of every gun and bullet, licence the person, let them record their own information and put all the effort into background checks.
But no, you have to obessed with each individual .22lr round.
Doesn’t matter if you have one gun or a hundred, if you are going to go off on a one.

It’s not the guns that go tonto, it’s people.
All the nutters who went nuts in the UK were well known to their local community and police as fruit loops, but hey! All the guns were properly licenced and recorded and that was all that mattered.

The Right to Keep and Bear Arms isn’t exclusively for defence against two legged critters.
The right to bear arms, The Second Amendment, is a constitutional defence against government.
How that is interpreted today is their business, not mine.

Would you find these four legged critters in New York , LA , San Francisco Chicago or any other major city where the vast majority of people live ?. No, I thought not. Again you are talking rubbish.
You do get mountain lion aka cougar sightings in bits of LA, the nice bits with hills and canyons and views, they have moved in as the deer population has risen.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
You would think with all the gun toting, right to bear arms types kicking about America, that these highly dangerous, people eating coyotes would have been blasted from the face of the earth.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I will still have my innocent bystander patch on my carry on ruck when we next visit the states ( in four years time).
If Americans shooting Americans is still is as popular then as now

You would think with all the gun toting, right to bear arms types kicking about America, that these highly dangerous, people eating coyotes would have been blasted from the face of the earth.
I want the right to bear arms where can I buy some, they'd come in handy in a scrap what with those sharp claws on the end.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
No, the threat is two legged in those cities.

And you don’t have to go far from those cities to have those four legged threats. I know two people that have shot bears in self defense ( both bears ran away) and one that was being scoped out as a mountain lion snack - one was 90 minutes driving from the beach in L.A.
Were the bear and cougar there before Man arrived?

Sorry mate in the US it's cheaper if you buy in quantity, 5.45x39 comes in 1080 to a can, 2 cans to the crate. 7.62x39 is usually 1000 round pack, 50 boxes of 20. Handgun ammo I used to buy in 500 or 1000 round lots, 10 or 20 boxes of 50. I could easily go through 1000 rounds in a day at the range. .22 comes in 500 round bricks or 2500 round buckets.
Do you buy your spirits in shorts or do you save money by buying a bottle at the supermarket?

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
I know. Meerkatz lives in UK as far as I'm aware and not in the States which was my point as a UK based gun and ammo owner/buyer.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
What about the Porous southern border? I suppose weapons and criminals dont flow freely North.

How many U.S citizens would die because they cant defend their homes?
I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you on this. Most int, including the DEA and ATF suggests it's the other way round. Guns and weapons flow into Mexico, drugs go the other way for payment. Particularly lax states are Arizona and New Mexico.

I know. Meerkatz lives in UK as far as I'm aware and not in the States which was my point as a UK based gun and ammo owner/buyer.
If he lives in the UK would he be allowed to buy the amount of ammunition he claims to have done on Saturday ?.

Today I bought
2,000 rounds of .22LR
200 rounds of .357 FMJ
100 rounds of .308 FMJ
And 10 tubs of reloading powder
I’d say that was pretty serious.