Mass Shootings in the US

The Right to Keep and Bear Arms isn’t exclusively for defence against two legged critters.
There is a very real need for access to firearms for defence against four legged critters.
In predator free UK and most of mainland Europe, you wont bump into bears, cougars or coyotes in your garden.
Would you find these four legged critters in New York , LA , San Francisco Chicago or any other major city where the vast majority of people live ?. No, I thought not. Again you are talking rubbish.

One of the effects would be that most spree shooters aim to rack up as high a body count as they can and then kill themselves when they think the police are getting near. The reason they kill themselves rather than shoot it out with cops is that they are scared of being wounded and taken alive, the whole thing is a drawn out suicide attempt.

If they think there is a risk of being shot and wounded early on by someone else it acts as a deterrent. Almost all spree shootings are done at places that specifically ban carrying firearms.
The weakness I see in that argument is that if one accepts that suicide is a fundamentally stressful and irrational act, why assume that the ‘spree shooter’ takes a rational decision and prioritises body count, such that they would look elsewhere?

The mentalist that’s just murdered 17 people went back to his old school, probably because that was the site of his murderous fantasies. The notion of going somewhere else probably didn’t occur to him.

Frued sussed out the febrile frothers here.
Yes, I’m looking at you skid and bravo not so brave

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional
maturity."
--Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis (1952)
Did Freud say that? Did he he my arrse.

It’s a sorry state of affairs when the gun lobby has to make shit up.

The weakness I see in that argument is that if one accepts that suicide is a fundamentally stressful and irrational act, why assume that the ‘spree shooter’ takes a rational decision and prioritises body count, such that they would look elsewhere?

The mentalist that’s just murdered 17 people went back to his old school, probably because that was the site of his murderous fantasies. The notion of going somewhere else probably didn’t occur to him.
It's almost always somewhere they have a personal connection to and usually a grudge against. How many of them decided to target somewhere else, or just top themselves, because their first target was likely to contain armed people is largely unknowable.

Did Freud say that? Did he he my arrse.

It’s a sorry state of affairs when the gun lobby has to make shit up.
It's always the same when this subject is being discussed, both sides make stuff up, take little parts of studies out of context, look only at studies that were paid for by partisan groups etc. It's one of the things that really hinders finding proper solutions to these issues.

One of the effects would be that most spree shooters aim to rack up as high a body count as they can and then kill themselves when they think the police are getting near. The reason they kill themselves rather than shoot it out with cops is that they are scared of being wounded and taken alive, the whole thing is a drawn out suicide attempt.

If they think there is a risk of being shot and wounded early on by someone else it acts as a deterrent. Almost all spree shootings are done at places that specifically ban carrying firearms.

See Thomas Hamilton enquiring how long it would take for Armed feds to get to Dunblaine Primary school.
Natch, no one pressed the morons of the Scottish Police Farce why they didn’t wonder why the local nutter with a string of firearms issues behind him was asking that question.

Revenge for expulsion and revenge against those that shunned him.

Would you find these four legged critters in New York , LA , San Francisco Chicago or any other major city where the vast majority of people live ?. No, I thought not. Again you are talking rubbish.
No, the threat is two legged in those cities.

And you don’t have to go far from those cities to have those four legged threats. I know two people that have shot bears in self defense ( both bears ran away) and one that was being scoped out as a mountain lion snack - one was 90 minutes driving from the beach in L.A.

Revenge for expulsion and revenge against those that shunned him.
Apparently he was bullied as well - partly because he was so strange and aggressive.

I know two people that have shot bears in self defense
I know what you mean SS. Big, gay, hairy blokes can be quite aggressive. I was at a party once where one of them kept pestering me. If I'd had a gun, I would have shot him after the third time he asked me how I knew I wasn't gay if I'd never tried gay sex.

Last edited:
So mainly cross breeds in towns and no attacks . Not exactly something to worry about.

Really?
The figures say you are wrong.

“Incidents of coyotes striking against people seem to be increasing. Earlier this summer two little girls in Rye, N.Y., were attacked in two separate encounters with coyotes.

According to Gehrt most of the victims of coyote attacks in his study were young children 5 or under. “With habituated coyotes they associate people with food, but don’t associate people as prey until you start talking about small children. Then coyotes cross the line. It believes it can take down a young child.”

Really?
The figures say you are wrong.

“Incidents of coyotes striking against people seem to be increasing. Earlier this summer two little girls in Rye, N.Y., were attacked in two separate encounters with coyotes.

According to Gehrt most of the victims of coyote attacks in his study were young children 5 or under. “With habituated coyotes they associate people with food, but don’t associate people as prey until you start talking about small children. Then coyotes cross the line. It believes it can take down a young child.”
Like I said not really something to worry about. Population of over 320 million and a few attacks. Germany has problems with wild boar but the whole population is not getting tooled up.

So mainly cross breeds in towns and no attacks . Not exactly something to worry about.
I deal with coyotes on a regular basis and have no fear of them at all. The cross breeds (coy-dogs) are nasty pieces of work . In the summer of 2016 just north of me, they went through a flock of sheep like they were stuffed toys, killing for pleasure more than for food. Quite a lot to worry about actually.

I deal with coyotes on a regular basis and have no fear of them at all. The cross breeds (coy-dogs) are nasty pieces of work . In the summer of 2016 just north of me, they went through a flock of sheep like they were stuffed toys, killing for pleasure more than for food. Quite a lot to worry about actually.
Sheep not people , dogs do that as well.

Sheep not people , dogs do that as well.
I personally have lost chickens and my neighbours lost a dog to them, and there is no way I am hanging around when they come out of the bush after dark yelping to find out if they will attack a person, that is just plain stupid.....

We often see coyotes around here and I live in a city. like most wild animals they are dangerous if you fcuk about with them. Treat with caution yes, but no need to break out the armoury.

Mandatory training, competence checks and knowledge of local statutes re firearms may be a start to filter out the loons. Card issued allowing purchase of firearms and ammunition once certified. The idiot factor may see it as too much trouble and try an alternative route if they're serious about things.

Trouble is the genie is already out of the bottle and there's not much that can be done to get it back. Actual enforcement of existing statutes would be a good place to start but once the civil liberties lot get involved that could become a little one sided.