Mass shooting in Thailand

A Thai squaddie seems to have gone on a rampage. Story goes that he shot his boss then went to a shopping mall and had a go at civvies, 12 reported dead at this time. Apparently he is holed up in the basement and the Army have sealed the place off...
No doubt more to follow.

ETA, there is a look of Pte Pyle in his pic in the article.....

Last edited:
Death toll now at 20 and it's not clear if the situation is over.
It is reported that he was posting on Faceache in the early stages of the rampage, before the authorities took his page down.
tomma 1.jpg
tomma 2.jpg

Makes you wonder what "snapped".
I had him for dead by now, but he seems to be a slippery wee shit.
Either way, he'd be better finishing himself off.

He might have hostages, but that info might be out of date by now. I doubt the Thai plod or Army will show him much mercy, you're right, he would be better off doing himself in.

In all fairness, that second selfie is pretty epic by most standards.

Nakhon Ratchasima ( formerly called Korat) is a large town in the Isaan region of Thailand, 250 Km north east of Krung Thep (Bangkok), with a large military presence of Royal Thai Army and also Wing One of the Royal Thai Air Force.

During the Vietnam war the airbase was a major US facility and had a range of US fast jets stationed there.

There is a smallish expat presence, as will as US vetrans from the Vietnam war who stood behind, or returned to Thailand upon discharge.

This will come as a shock to anyone who has spent time in Thailand, and not just as a two week tourist.

Apparently he has 2 x M60 with him!

I'm due to be in Korat at some point in the next few days. Coronavirus can be dodged (keep drinking booze), bullets are somewhat harder to deal with.

Gunman now shot dead according to reuters.

Nakhon Ratchasima ( formerly called Korat) is a large town in the Isaan region of Thailand, 250 Km north east of Krung Thep (Bangkok), with a large military presence of Royal Thai Army and also Wing One of the Royal Thai Air Force.

During the Vietnam war the airbase was a major US facility and had a range of US fast jets stationed there.

There is a smallish expat presence, as will as US vetrans from the Vietnam war who stood behind, or returned to Thailand upon discharge.

This will come as a shock to anyone who has spent time in Thailand, and not just as a two week tourist.
Why would that be regarded as shocking?

endure

GCM
One of the Thai virtues is jai yen (a cool heart) which means trying to remain calm, not lose your temper etc. That's why Thais always seem so pleasant and smiley.

The problem is that when they do let rip it's usually horrendous.

This sort of thing is not a regular occurunce in Thailand. Therefore 20 people being wiped out comes as a shock to anyone with a connection to the Kingdom.

If it was not for the tragic circumstances that looks good as a film / book cover or profile photo on social media.

He looks cool as a cucumber ....

cheers

Or mad as a sack of frogs.

Pick one...

It’s a slippery slope.

First someone probably let him get away with having a button undone.

Then he was probably allowed a kettle in his room...
Duvets. If he'd had to make a bed block each morning he'd still be stagging on.

I'll check with my (Thai) wife when/if she gets off her phone. She was certainly shocked when she filled me in earlier today. Oh, and she still calls the place Korat.

THat's domestic abuse, you don't have to put up with it y'know.

Latest Threads