Mass media wars with 'foreign agents'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Nov 21, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. It is not sufficient. RT must be closed and removed from US mass media space completely

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Absolutely right decision and Moscow's counter measures are not justified

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  3. Right decision and Russian move was something expected.

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  4. Both sides are not right

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. Washington is not right and Moscow's replay is logical

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. The best solution is to stop this 'foreign agents' games in the name of freedom of speech

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. Feel free.

And stop trying to morph the original point into something that obfuscates the fact you were wrong.

The question wasn't over the etymology of 'whore' but rather than you believed all actresses are whores and conflated the two terms linguistically.

Show me where, in any language, the word 'whore' is etymologically derived from the word 'Actress'.

Even your spoken-Sanskrit nonsense doesn't show a derivation of whore coming from actress.

Also, the fact you cant seem to make a post without filling it full of ad homs and slurs, is a great indicator that you lost the argument.

Apologies to everyone else, I'm done derailing the thread now.

2. But Google haven't said anything of the sort. You are making stuff up again.(Look up the etymology of "fantasist").

They have simply said that they don't change their algorithm to downgrade Russian propaganda as the shit it is.

If Sputnik and RT don't score highly it is not because Google are blocking it, but because it is shit.

3. Post reported for trolling.

This is Current Affairs, not FaceBook.

Grow up.

4. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Now we'll control their results. If they will start to downgrade (or if we'll see other evidences of stupid Russophobic games) - we know, who will lost money (21 gigabucks/year).

5. Reported.

6. Flight

Flight LE Book Reviewer

Might not be a popular opinion but I quite like RT.

Couldn't give a damn whether they criticise Putin or not as I have limited interest in internal Russian politics. On international stuff they're pretty good and often better than most.

Seems freedom of speech only operates in full when your own agitprop is more successful than the oppositions.

7. Control? When the ratings of Russian propaganda sites slip, due to the rubbish content, and endless fascist agitprop, how is that Google's fault?
    It's weird in your head.