Mass media wars with 'foreign agents'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Nov 21, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. It is not sufficient. RT must be closed and removed from US mass media space completely

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Absolutely right decision and Moscow's counter measures are not justified

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  3. Right decision and Russian move was something expected.

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  4. Both sides are not right

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. Washington is not right and Moscow's replay is logical

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. The best solution is to stop this 'foreign agents' games in the name of freedom of speech

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Good, but it is only half. Pls, search ethymology of the word 'whore' now. You will be need bit more that simple googling.
    Not 'some'. 'All of them', or may be 'almost all' (there can be exceptions in theory).

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  2. The thread is about agitprop and Russia naming US media ‘foreign agents’. Stick your Weinstein comments on the Weinstein thread.

3. .

You’re wrong.

Without derailing the thread further, the etymology of ‘whore’ has nothing to do with ‘actress’ - there isn’t even a derivation either way.

And no, not all or even most actresses are whores.

You’re completely mentally ill.

4. YarS

YarS On ROPs

I don't tell you about Weinstein. I tell you about coordinated and unificated company of mobbing. Strange l'unanimité, isn't it? There are much more dictutable points of view on any question in Russian media's.
    We have much more freedom to discuss almost any question in our media space.

5. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Ha! And what is ethymology of the word 'whore', my little British scientist? Did you compare it with Slavic and Sanstrit roots 'hara' 'uhara' 'vharu'? Read books, pls, before blame somebody in ignorance.
    How old you are, my little idealistic friend?

6. We're discussing 'foreign agents' and media. Not 'gossip' about Weinstein.
    We've discussed that previously, hence the question asked as soon as the thread started, give me a dozen articles on RT or Sputnik that criticise Putin or his govt.

7. Hara in Sanskrit means ‘ to take away’ and has no connection to whore or actress.

The other 2 words you’ve either spelt incorrectly or just made up.

Feel free to provide evidence of the etymological history you seem to believe exists.

8. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Stupid (as usual) Brit. I mean not 'हर' but 'हार'. Can you find its meaning by the link below?

Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit

As anti-offtop: agressive stupidity is a British way to protect their weak minds.

Try to find something about modern Russian words 'Харя' and 'Ухарец'.

9. ]

Even your incredibly obscure spoken Sanskrit dictionary doesn’t claim a link between whore and actress.

It doesn’t even claim that hara means ‘whore’, the closest it gets is lady with a bad reputation. You might want to read your own piss-poor source material.

There’s no etymology or derivation there.

So, you’re still wrong.

10. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Yes! Sugarboy's network strike back!
    "So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."
    Few years later anybody with opinion different from few official will be blamed as 'Russian agent'.

Facebook to let users see if they 'liked' Russian accounts

11. Then answer the bloody question instead of avoiding it.

12. What question do you mean?

13. That's the most incoherent post I've ever seen, I imagine its to mask your shame at being completely wrong.

But I accept your apology.

14. It is Yars.
    He has benefited from an education in much the same way as a mouthy drunk benefits from getting punched in the face.

It left a mark, and he felt the impact, but it has had no lasting effect and he doesn't seem to have actually learned anything from the experience, except to grovel to his masters.

It is the "Eastern intellectualism" he keeps talking about.

15. Sigh

Late Old English hōre, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch hoer and German Hure, from an Indo-European root shared by Latin carus ‘dear’.

Relevance to Thread.
    Nil.

On the other hand, Triumphalism is relevant.
    So are Bigotry, Xenophobia, Paranoia, Fascism, and Chauvinism.

All of which YarS has demonstrated.

Sadly, he can give you the etymology, but can't cure himself of them.