Mass media wars with 'foreign agents'

Washington forced RT to register as a foregn agent. Was it a right decision?

• It is not sufficient. RT must be closed and removed from US mass media space completely

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Absolutely right decision and Moscow's counter measures are not justified

• Right decision and Russian move was something expected.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Both sides are not right

• Washington is not right and Moscow's replay is logical

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The best solution is to stop this 'foreign agents' games in the name of freedom of speech

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
YarS and KGB_resident are definitely 2 different people. Different styles of writing.
They might both be employed, part time or full time, by the same paymaster.
Or they might both be cnuts.
Of the 2 , I think YarS is more of a **** than KGB_ Resident.

Does the Arrse collective have any thoughts on the matter ?
( That doesn't include you YarS, you twat )

'Actress' means 'whore'. It is part of their profession.
No it doesn’t.

It’s derived from ‘actor’ so as to feminize it.

From ‘agere’ In Latin which means to do or act (act as it take an action).

A quick google would show you the etymology going back even further from the Latin.

I don’t doubt some of them act like whores, but that’s an entirely different point.

Now, since you can’t even get basic googling correct, why should anyone read the rest of your wibbling about more complex issues?

Maybe you should get the next bloke on shift to write something more coherent.....

YarS

On ROPS
On ROPs
Russia clearly has a problem with journalists and maybe it is improving or maybe there are less journalists.
Russia have no any problems with journalists (except some of them are incompetent).

We have lots of media, most biased on a left or right wing spectrum.
Ha! Name, sister, name! Give me name of this media.
No state sponsored agitprop, but we do have state sponsored organs.
Just for example BBC is sponsored by state established taxes, and controlled by government.

Russia have no any problems with journalists (except some of them are incompetent).
It seems you may be telling 'pork pies' again
Ha! Name, sister, name! Give me name of this media.
Is Russian Google broken? Use British Google. It's much better despite being a capitalist lackey running dog poodle puppet etc. Media of the United Kingdom - Wikipedia
Just for example BBC is sponsored by state established taxes, and controlled by government.
That's what I said you chump!

YarS

On ROPS
On ROPs

YarS

On ROPS
On ROPs
No it doesn’t.
It’s derived from ‘actor’ so as to feminize it.
From ‘agere’ In Latin which means to do or act (act as it take an action).
A quick google would show you the etymology going back even further from the Latin.
Good, but it is only half. Pls, search ethymology of the word 'whore' now. You will be need bit more that simple googling.
I don’t doubt some of them act like whores, but that’s an entirely different point.
Not 'some'. 'All of them', or may be 'almost all' (there can be exceptions in theory).

Do you mean, that all British media's are defending Weinstein? I very doubt in it. May be my Google is broken, all what I can find is articles like this
The thread is about agitprop and Russia naming US media ‘foreign agents’. Stick your Weinstein comments on the Weinstein thread.

Good, but it is only half. Pls, search ethymology of the word 'whore' now. You will be need bit more that simple googling.

Not 'some'. 'All of them', or may be 'almost all' (there can be exceptions in theory).
You’re wrong.

Without derailing the thread further, the etymology of ‘whore’ has nothing to do with ‘actress’ - there isn’t even a derivation either way.

And no, not all or even most actresses are whores.

You’re completely mentally ill.

YarS

On ROPS
On ROPs
The thread is about agitprop and Russia naming US media ‘foreign agents’. Stick your Weinstein comments on the Weinstein thread.
I don't tell you about Weinstein. I tell you about coordinated and unificated company of mobbing. Strange l'unanimité, isn't it? There are much more dictutable points of view on any question in Russian media's.
We have much more freedom to discuss almost any question in our media space.

YarS

On ROPS
On ROPs
Without derailing the thread further, the etymology of ‘whore’ has nothing to do with ‘actress’ - there isn’t even a derivation either way.
Ha! And what is ethymology of the word 'whore', my little British scientist? Did you compare it with Slavic and Sanstrit roots 'hara' 'uhara' 'vharu'? Read books, pls, before blame somebody in ignorance.
And no, not all or even most actresses are whores.
How old you are, my little idealistic friend?

I don't tell you about Weinstein. I tell you about coordinated and unificated company of mobbing. Strange l'unanimité, isn't it? There are much more dictutable points of view on any question in Russian media's.
We're discussing 'foreign agents' and media. Not 'gossip' about Weinstein.
We have much more freedom to discuss almost any question in our media space.
We've discussed that previously, hence the question asked as soon as the thread started, give me a dozen articles on RT or Sputnik that criticise Putin or his govt.

Ha! And what is ethymology of the word 'whore', my little British scientist? Did you compare it with Slavic and Sanstrit roots 'hara' 'uhara' 'vharu'? Read books, pls, before blame somebody in ignorance.

How old you are, my little idealistic friend?
Hara in Sanskrit means ‘ to take away’ and has no connection to whore or actress.

The other 2 words you’ve either spelt incorrectly or just made up.

Feel free to provide evidence of the etymological history you seem to believe exists.

]

Stupid (as usual) Brit. I mean not 'हर' but 'हार'. Can you find its meaning by the link below?

Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit

As anti-offtop: agressive stupidity is a British way to protect their weak minds.

Try to find something about modern Russian words 'Харя' and 'Ухарец'.
Even your incredibly obscure spoken Sanskrit dictionary doesn’t claim a link between whore and actress.

It doesn’t even claim that hara means ‘whore’, the closest it gets is lady with a bad reputation. You might want to read your own piss-poor source material.

There’s no etymology or derivation there.

So, you’re still wrong.

YarS

On ROPS
On ROPs
Yes! Sugarboy's network strike back!
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."
The tool will be available by the end of the year as “part of our ongoing effort to protect our platforms and the people who use them from bad actors who try to undermine our democracy,” Facebook said.
Few years later anybody with opinion different from few official will be blamed as 'Russian agent'.

Facebook to let users see if they 'liked' Russian accounts

It is a serious issue, serious section of ARRSE. So please, avoid ideomatic expressions, hold you questions without mention of urine.
If you mean that state funded mass media as RT never shoots critical arrows toward Russian government then you are absolutely right. Voice of America, BBC are doing exactly the same things.

It is not correct comparison. State funded mass media is Russia should be compared with state funded mass media in the USA and in the UK. As for independent mass media in any country then there is a lot of critics toward respective governments.
Then answer the bloody question instead of avoiding it.

Oh, Holy Shit! "Lady"!!!! Boy, you really made my morning. You are Mr. Bean and Louis de Funès in one pack. My Lord, thou see, I was trying to force them to think and/or search information! It's not my culpability they are so stupid and ignorant!
First. There were no 'ladies' or 'gentlemen' in the Eurasia three thousand years ago.
Second. When we talk about 'Girl with bad reputation' in Old Indian realities it does not mean 'Girl who denied global warming', or 'Girl who didn't sleep with Afro-Septics' or something like this. It is euphemism for 'whore'.
Third. Another meaning of words 'hara' is 'related to Hari and/or Vishnu'. Talking about Antient India it means - temple dancers/sacred prostitutes.

And yes, this dictionary is not 'my'. Vstol_jockey, most reputable bramin from indiadefence.com, with whom I had very interesting discussion about cow sacrifices in Vedic times (somebody can say that poor Pagan was just trolled by me) use this dictionary as most reputable source for translations of the Sanscrit texts.
By the way, there are another music video just for your fun:

And yes, lets return for the threads topic. We see, that West medias have a much narrow specter of discutable objects and are very unanimous in many questions, even when big part of society don't agree with them. There are little amount of media owners, and many of them are relatives or business parthners with high government clerks.
From my point of view, it means they are not 'free' at all.
That's the most incoherent post I've ever seen, I imagine its to mask your shame at being completely wrong.

But I accept your apology.

That's the most incoherent post I've ever seen, I imagine its to mask your shame at being completely wrong.

But I accept your apology.
It is Yars.
He has benefited from an education in much the same way as a mouthy drunk benefits from getting punched in the face.

It left a mark, and he felt the impact, but it has had no lasting effect and he doesn't seem to have actually learned anything from the experience, except to grovel to his masters.

It is the "Eastern intellectualism" he keeps talking about.

Sigh

Late Old English hōre, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch hoer and German Hure, from an Indo-European root shared by Latin carus ‘dear’.

Relevance to Thread.
Nil.

On the other hand, Triumphalism is relevant.
So are Bigotry, Xenophobia, Paranoia, Fascism, and Chauvinism.

All of which YarS has demonstrated.

Sadly, he can give you the etymology, but can't cure himself of them.