Mass Emailing Servers?

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by JoeCivvie, May 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I my spare time I run a community website, and I send out a monthly newsletter to just over 1,000 subscribers.

Problem is that my ISP doesn't like mass mailings, so I have to send the newsletter out in batches of 250 or so every 45+ minutes, which is a pain in the bum.

Can anyone recommend a solution - reputable mass-emailing server or whatever - or to this?

2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru - free for up to 12,000 emails per month. We use the paid version and it is absolutely brilliant.
  3. Alternatively, set up a cron job for the emails to be scheduled in batches automatically using something like phplist
  4. Thanks, chaps - BCO, I'll give MailChimp a go.

Thanks again,

5. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

BCO beat me to it. Also I informed my ISP of what I was doing and they put a tag on my account so it was not flagged up, worth contacting them.
  6. BadCo, thanks very much for recommending Mailchimp - I've just used it for the first time and it's a fantastic bit of kit!

I hadn't realised that a newsletter could be tracked like that and provide so much feedback, so I'm a convert.

Thanks again.
  7. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

My pleasure and I agree that one you've used it then you're just amazed at the feedback that it gives you!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2