• Boris Has It Under Control?

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Will Wear A Mask In Crowded Places

Votes: 22 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ritch

LE
Thankfully rates continuing to fall despite hardly anyone wearing masks now.

Strange that - almost as if what I was saying was right all along ;)

What you fail to understand is that of course infection rates are falling as testing has been rolled back dramatically. Lots of people are refusing to pay for tests, even with symptoms so therefore COVID is going undetected.

COVID isn't going away just yet. My 90 year old Grandmother is.in a rehab home after breaking her hip. No one has been able to visit her since the 1st of May because of continuing COVID cases in the home.

Top tip: sticking your fingers in your ears and going "laa, laa, laa!" isn't being right all along.

What you fail to understand is that of course infection rates are falling as testing has been rolled back dramatically. Lots of people are refusing to pay for tests, even with symptoms so therefore COVID is going undetected.

COVID isn't going away just yet. My 90 year old Grandmother is.in a rehab home after breaking her hip. No one has been able to visit her since the 1st of May because of continuing COVID cases in the home.

Top tip: sticking your fingers in your ears and going "laa, laa, laa!" isn't being right all along.

That's my point - Covid is still out there despite the figures - so I sincerely hope you and the Covid Maniacs are all wearing your masks everywhere in public at all times.

Those of you who were mask advocates on January 26th, but aren't wearing them now are nothing but hypocrites of the highest order.

That's my point - Covid is still out there despite the figures - so I sincerely hope you and the Covid Maniacs are all wearing your masks everywhere in public at all times.

Those of you who were mask advocates on January 26th, but aren't wearing them now are nothing but hypocrites of the highest order.
Define 'everywhere' and 'in public'.

I'm still wearing it when I think its appropriate by the way. Which isn't that much since I continue to work from home.

Define 'everywhere' and 'in public'.

I'm still wearing it when I think its appropriate by the way. Which isn't that much since I continue to work from home.
Pretty much in enclosed spaces where 'social distancing' is unlikely and where you can come into contact with others that you don't normally meet, for example on public transport or in any shop, shopping centre, pub, restaurant, gym, cinema, theatre, school or crowded outdoor events such as in a stadium or concert etc.

Clearly you don't get out much if none of the above apply to you because you 'work from home'.

If you thought anywhere was 'appropriate' before January 26th - surely it is appropriate now?

Define "when you think its appropriate".

Keep taking those tests.
1653307826584.png

Ritch

LE

Anyone who doesn't agree with you is a "Covid Maniac"?

Wow, you're edgy.

I don’t think that the advice was ever “everywhere in public” and “at all times”.
Pretty much in enclosed spaces where 'social distancing' is unlikely and where you can come into contact with others that you don't normally meet, for example on public transport or in any shop, shopping centre, pub, restaurant, gym, cinema, theatre, school or crowded outdoor events such as in a stadium or concert etc.
Public transport, yes. Shops and shopping centre depends on the shop itself and number of people in it. Pubs and restaurants you have to take your mask of to use anyway so there’s scarce use taking a mask on and off all the time. As I recall it drinking and eating establishments always had an exemption on the grounds of practicality.
Gyms would depend on the gym and number of people.
Cinemas and theatres, sure, but again depends on number of people.

All the ‘depends’ are down to ”can you maintain 2m spacing” and “is there fresh air”

Masks were never required "everywhere in public at all times" at any time during the pandemic where I live.