Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Mash in Afghan

• Thread starter Deleted 20555
  • Start date
Can't help feeling you might be better off staying in the care or these guys rather than going home to an over stretched NHS were nobody understands and even less poeple care what you have been through.

Despite the good intentions of everyone at Selly Oak, this again highlights the need for a dedicated military hospital, or even just a wing.

I must concur with bobath...... bring back military hospitals. Being a ex RAMC nurse I was privilaged to go on 2 Operation Danish Bacon ..a course on war surgery....which trained nurses and surgeons in war surgery. Post Vietnam the RV Hospital in Northern Ireland was the world centre for war trauma to include GSW.

Sadley todya's servicemen and women are now a C item (expendable) at the expense of civil servants and MP's chess playing in Whitehall.

Just watched all of the reports...and they're fantastic.

Photojournalism at it's finest. Say what you like about the Guardian as a paper, but these could grace the front page of any broadsheet, and it'd get my utmost respect.

IRT...forgive the ignorance but is that a select group of medics or an actual unit based in the UK?

If it is....where could I get details or would it be possible to volunteer from my GSMR unit?

The IRT teams I worked with in BAS were a fairly mixed bunch from across the services. They'd do their stint and go back to the hospital or med center they worked at in theater.

Hats off to the IRT. Im sure if it was not for them our death toll would be much higher.

Well done lads.

Keep up the good work

There was one yesterday on Canadian artillery. Both very good reports. Contrast that with the waste of ink that is Keira Fatty who also "writes" for the Guardian.