Martin McGuinness MCC member?

Who would have thunk it? Martin McGuinness is a cricket fan. Dare I say it there is hope for Northern Ireland.
Listening to the programme last night I nearly spit my coco flavored whiskey out.

BBC Radio 4 - Over the Boundary

Marty speaks about playing cricket about the 24min mark. Odd to hear an IRA man talk about playing a game with rules.

No, he's not. He's dirt and little else; he's an accomplished politician of the dirtiest sort, which means that he'll talk in warm tones about the motivations of those who wouldn't dream in their worst nightmares of voting for him. He'll talk about families and pets and apple pie, and chuckle in that catching way and hope that you don't remember Geoffrey Agate or Claudy.

Murdering
Coward

Yup i can see him fitting in like a glove.

Cant see the ex-generals etc letting him in to the long room for cucumber sandwich's.
Who's going to nominate him to go on the waiting list and loose out on a gong?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Military Collaborators Club?

B

bokkatankie

They did it was called Lazy farming, that led to the famine, now they have lazy politics, guess where that is heading!

Cant see the ex-generals etc letting him in to the long room for cucumber sandwich's.
Who's going to nominate him to go on the waiting list and loose out on a gong?
I believe his handler was MCC...

.....well thay had to meet somewhere, why not the long room?

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
There are some things that are sacred and cricket is one of them. Wee Marty an MCC member? Its evil, wrong and contemptible.

No, he's not. He's dirt and little else; he's an accomplished politician of the dirtiest sort, which means that he'll talk in warm tones about the motivations of those who wouldn't dream in their worst nightmares of voting for him. He'll talk about families and pets and apple pie, and chuckle in that catching way and hope that you don't remember Geoffrey Agate or Claudy or Frank Hegarty
WB you'll find the added name to be his eventual nemesis.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, look at it from the positive side. We could arrange for Geoffrey Boycott to talk to McGuinness for a few hours and I bet Wee Marty will be begging to be kneecapped for the opportunity of going to hospital to escape.

McGuiness, MCC member...that fits, nothing will undermine a British institution faster than that twat joining it.

The membership secretaries phone and fax will be glowing, if it's true!