Martial Merlin

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar69, Jan 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone seen the dates for Martial Merlin this year yet ?

I heard it was March but is there a fixed date yet ?
  2. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Bugger ! Not the thread I was hoping for.

I thought it said Marital Merlin.
  3. Me too, I thought it was a wild west thread as in Marshal Merlin.
  4. 23-25 Mar Otterburn, sponsor Unit QOY
  5. Ha, their BCS is surprisingly absent again (ok in non officer speak - English - that'd be 15 Bde's Sig Sqn).

Whats LBCB? is that LECB spelt wrongly
  6. LBCB isn't LECB spelt wrongly, it's LBCB spelt correctly!!
  7. So what is it then?

8. Well a merlin is a kind of Big Chopper :slow:
  9. Nothing so exciting. 15(NE) Bde annual patrols competition.
  10. Oh God.....Not that bollacks again.....
  11. How did everybody get on and how did they find it?
  12. Well 34 got a bronze again, Yorkshire regt got a Silve and were .5 of a point off Gold. Hats off to the organizers, never thought I'd be starting the day on the DCCT range, moving to the first location in a CVRT then getting a cabbe in a Lynx. Excellent weekend, will I do it again ?

Two patrols were still lost when we left the exercise ware, I believe one had been found bivvying up for the night, as far as I know onlya handful of minor injurys. Hell I even got to abseil.
  13. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

101 RA got Silver, despite getting a little directionally challenged at one point (with an impromptu river crossing).

Good laugh! (now I've had some sleep and stopped hallucinating)
    Gutted that mist / fog had our Lynx subbed with a Bedecopter.

14. Glad to hear you guys enjoyed it! I was watchkeeping for my sins. Everyone got back ok, bar 1 sprained ankle. 3 teams didn't finish, but no injuries other than geographical embarassment (I think!).
    Good to hear who got what medals, I only caught the tail end of how many medals were awarded, I was wondering!
    Hats off to all who competed, well done guys!
  15. Injury wise we were very lucky, one member of our team (ahem) went arrse over tit down a scree slope, managed to butt stroke themselves with the LSW too