Martial Arts in Sandhurst

I took the Ninja Throwing Stars (exploding) course much better than the "Matrix" style slow motion fighting cadre as Carrie Anne Moss's part was taken by a Welsh Gaurds CSgt and he didn't fight slow.

Took me ages to get my flick flacks right.

LB

You gotta love those combination moves - just like on the Nintendo:

1, 23, 1, 23, left, right, left...

dpm

Martial arts? leaping about barefoot in your pjs is hardly dignified is it?

The only one I've seen carried out with some semblance of regularity is Judo on the usual sports afternoons. I'm guessing the other Martial Arts follow the hit and miss pattern of other sports at RMAS.

cpunk

LE
RTFQ said:
Give CSgt Kendo Nagasaki a bell, he's 6 Pl's Csgt in Old College. top bloke, don't mention Steven segal though...
Don't forget QMSI Chan, the Commandant's ninja bodyguard: he makes Chuck Connors look like an old Yank with a seventies haircut and a beard.

Tube said:
Does anyone know what Martial Arts are available at Sandhurst?
The ancient (but western) martial art of Gun-Foo, namely turning up with a few hundred friends and some indirect fire support.

Somewhat more powerful than "that Jackie Chan shit", to paraphrase the infamous comedy short...

brocky said:
Krav maga would br constructive...personally I prefer fencing.
Oh, me too. And Krav Maga was exactly what I had in mind.

Does everyone really believe that there is no place for martial arts in the military? (maybe 'in sandhurst' is a different question) I'm guessing there's not a lot of martial artists hanging around here. Having said that, perhaps I'd better just concentrate on my marital arts.

cpunk

LE
Tube said:
But Jeez what a load of extrmely unhelpful responses. Does everyone really believe that there is no place for martial arts in the military? I'm guessing there's not a lot of martial artists hanging around here. Having said that, perhaps I'd better just concentrate on my marital arts.
There is as much place for martial arts as there is for synchronised swimming: it has no professional utility beyond being a method of keeping fit. You're welcome to do martial arts if you want, but it isn't going to turn you into an SAS ninja killer.

Tube said:
I'm guessing there's not a lot of martial artists hanging around here.
You have great observation skills - Join the infantry and be a sniper!

You'd fit right in with your nun-fecking-chukkas (or is that the mysterious Indian horse and stick based martial art) knife collection and rising sun bandana.

Polish on
Polish off
Polish on
Polish off
Polish on
Polish off

Hai!

Tube said:
But Jeez what a load of extrmely unhelpful responses. Does everyone really believe that there is no place for martial arts in the military? I'm guessing there's not a lot of martial artists hanging around here. Having said that, perhaps I'd better just concentrate on my marital arts.
Put your Gi back on 'Crouching Princess, Hidden Mard-on."

The truth is, you're busy enough at RMAS doing the syllabus and your kit to do much in the way of any extracurricular activities. You may snatch a few classes here and there if there's an instructor but you have bigger things on your mind.

Plus your comments on the martial arts and the military show that you don't know much about the military, so perhaps we should refrain from stroppy outbursts just yet, eh?

Not wanting to crash this particular ninja's bandwagon...nope, f*ck it I will.

Is there a fairly decent fencing scene at the factory? I acknowledge RTFQs comments on spare time, but I would'nt mind being able to still hit people with a sabre whilst Im there...might help with stress...or something like that. :)