Martial Arts in Sandhurst

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Tube, Aug 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what Martial Arts are available at Sandhurst?

2. I know they have a Jiu Jitsu club, I used to go attend until I got the crap beaten out of me from the sensei.

3. Martial arts? The whole thing is about learning to fight, man. There's no time for kung fu. What do you think it is, Ninja Academy?

4. I took the Ninja Throwing Stars (exploding) course much better than the "Matrix" style slow motion fighting cadre as Carrie Anne Moss's part was taken by a Welsh Gaurds CSgt and he didn't fight slow.

Took me ages to get my flick flacks right.

LB

5. DPM

DPM Old-Salt

You gotta love those combination moves - just like on the Nintendo:

1, 23, 1, 23, left, right, left...

dpm

6. Krav maga would br constructive...personally I prefer fencing.

7. Martial arts? leaping about barefoot in your pjs is hardly dignified is it?

8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Origami

9. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

Give CSgt Kendo Nagasaki a bell, he's 6 Pl's Csgt in Old College. top bloke, don't mention Steven segal though...

10. The only one I've seen carried out with some semblance of regularity is Judo on the usual sports afternoons. I'm guessing the other Martial Arts follow the hit and miss pattern of other sports at RMAS.

11. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Don't forget QMSI Chan, the Commandant's ninja bodyguard: he makes Chuck Connors look like an old Yank with a seventies haircut and a beard.

12. The ancient (but western) martial art of Gun-Foo, namely turning up with a few hundred friends and some indirect fire support.

Somewhat more powerful than "that Jackie Chan shit", to paraphrase the infamous comedy short...

13. "You cant Kung-Fu a 7.62!" :D

14. Oh, me too. And Krav Maga was exactly what I had in mind.

Does everyone really believe that there is no place for martial arts in the military? (maybe 'in sandhurst' is a different question) I'm guessing there's not a lot of martial artists hanging around here. Having said that, perhaps I'd better just concentrate on my marital arts.