mars arrse

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by bomb_mac, Aug 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Red Planet is about to be spectacular!

This month and next, Earth is catching up with Mars in an encounter that will culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye.
    Mars will be easy to spot. At the beginning of August it will rise in the east at 10p.m.and reach its azimuth at about 3 a.m.

By the end of August when the two planets are closest, Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its highest point in the sky at 12:30a.m.

That's pretty convenient to see something that no human being has seen in recorded history. So, mark your calendar at
    the beginning of August to see Mars grow progressively brighter and brighter throughout the month.

Share this with your children and grandchildren.

NO ONE ALIVE TODAY WILL EVER SEE THIS AGAIN

2. Won't all the chocolate melt ?

3. Rubbish. Utter pointless dullardy. The closest Mars has got in recordable history was 2 years ago, when the distance between Earth and Mars was the closest it has been for 50,000 years.

And for those of you who think I'm dull and geeky, here is a bloke who really knows what the score is.

Doctrine - it's all about truth.

4. So what you are saying is that a rock in space will now be slightly closer well feck me old boots who would have thought that I would live to see such days I wonder if the Queen will give us a half holiday in celebration.

5. J_D

J_D LE

Nerd alert! Some one has been watching discovery? People are strange in Cyprus. A guy at work came in claiming he saw a UFO the other night. Same happened with a neighbour a few weeks back. Apparently there are alot of sightings out here. So back to that Mars thing......................................

6. hands up, it was that email, and no i took no steps to check it out, but nerd thats harsh

7. Anya, its the Keo effect that makes you see strange things :wink:

8. Actually no, its about what is accepted, therefore the truth is an accepted truth not necesserily the truth. I'm not being picky, i'm just trying to make this thread duller than it already is :wink:

Boney

9. Im sure i will be watching the next one in 2287 on me old zimmer,all wrinkly, nothing better to do and all that :)

10. J_D

J_D LE

I thought the Keo beer was deadly but its the whiskey you have to watch! Then the Zavania, thats the devil's work! Pluto looks closer then ever after a few of them!

11. i,m heading to limassol in three weeks hope i get to see a real ufo, but just in case i don't im taking my missus an unidentifiable fat object

12. (Clears throat - about to look really tragically and utterly sad)

Actually doctrine is what is taught. It is a tautological stretch to assume acceptance - although I agree that your posit is correct vis-a-vis dogma.

Yep - I'll get my coat.....and I'll fetch your as well....the brown duffel isn't it? :D

13. You been flashing your glow in the dark nipple ring at night again anya? :D

14. J_D

J_D LE

Shhhhh Smudge! Thats a secret!!!!

15. Having drunk all that lot should you not be more concerned about Uranus? :D