Marrow Rum

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by PISX_STAINED_PANTS, Jul 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have some lovely big marrows ready to eat and was contemplating making marrow rum. I have read how to to it but was wondering if anybody had made it, what it tastes like, how strong it is and is it worth the wait?

2. Yes,Yes,andYes, dont worry about how it tastes as it makes great cocktails,you can add flavours to it while its still in the Marrow,

3. the type of sugar,fruit juice,mint and other herbs can all be used to completly change the taste of the rum,there are loads of recipes on the net, go forth and get ratted

4. Thanks Tropper, will take a walk to local shop for some brown sugar and do a couple this afternoon.

5. Should be a boozy Christmas in your house and cheap

I'm hopeing to use honey in my this year brew, but Eddy my Honey producer is saying we might be a bit late with our honey harvest, we also have 8 gallons of Birch Sap in my shed that is getting pretty damn good, and two plastic dustbins full of my blindingly good fruit punch that is looking like shite but will be great in about 4 or 5 months after a bit of syphoning and filltering, lokks like another great year for crap out of the Garden, already made my first load of Tomato relish and chutney,good luck with the Rum, but as I said check the net there are some smashing new recipes that I want to try

6. Is marrow rum better than Wood's Navy? I like that stuff, or I used to when I was in my twenties, stupid, and a recruit in Catterick trying to do a pub crawl round Richmond. (only to get ambushed by Lineys and end up shit-faced and unconscious outside the Garrison Court Martial Centre minus MOD 90 and wallet. I still had over two hundred notes in my jeans pocket when I rocked up outside the Duty Sergeant's office the following morning, way way late for parade and unshaven so it must have been payday)

Tam

7. do you name your bee's individually?

8. Little word of caution, be careful and make sure that it is in a place that you don't mind getting covered in exploding marrow. Trust me it takes a while to clear up.