Marrijuwana...

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Jip Travolta, Aug 11, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Just talking marrrijuwania here...nowt else!

Me thinks that if legalized in civvy street, the MOD wouldn't have any choice in the matter once human rights legislation caught up...

I'm sure CO's would rather see their troops stoned on a Friday night than have them smashing up some civvies/nightclub/wife etc...

[​IMG]

Your thoughts?

2. Have you been having a sly puff Eagle? Naughty, naughty, CDT are on their way round!!

I spent 13 years in the forces, and I don't think I ever came across drugs (hard or soft) in all that time. When I got out, I was amazed at the amount going around. My local pubs stink of maryjane most nights. All different age groups are puffing on the stuff. The government should catch themselves on and earn some money from it. Legalise it, slap a tax on it, and then everyone’s happy !!

3. You're right in pointing out that someone high on marijuana is far less likely to commit violent crime. From a monkey's point of view, someone who's stoned is certainly much less of a handfull than someone on twelve cans of brave-juice - I'd rather have someone laugh histerically at me (I know, it's the barrack dress) than try and kick my face in.

Problem is, the same can be said for ecstacy and even to a certain extent, cocaine and heroin. LSD and it's associates are another matter.

Anyway, all of the above are currently illegal and the bottom line is that anyone caught possessing and/or supplying drugs should expect to be dealt with severely in the Army, like it or not.

The jury's out for me as to whether or not/when cannabis will be legalised. Apart from the social issues, there are many health related concerns with smoking dope that will (more than comparisons with behaviour when high to being drunk) determine if or when it's legalised.

If it's legalised in Civilian Strasse though, it will be legal in the Army. HRA and all that...

Keep keeping your fingers crossed Eagle!

4. Eagle, I truly hate to toe the 'Party Line', (after all I write Letter's He He!) But I do believe it would be the worst thing that could happen to the Army. Although I agree with 90% of your argument I feel I have to point out that smokin' could easly be more harmful than drinking on Ex or OP's,after all how much doe's a 'Henry' weigh in comparison to Beer for the same effect? That given I have taken beer on Ex (most old and bold have........aaaaaaaah Germany) but I was limited by Logistical concern's, the space+ weight/effect. Armoured vehicles provided little succor, after all so much effort and so little kit v A bit of a Buzz!!
    That however is not a 'Toss of the Coin' your Ganga smokin' soldier of the 21st Century will have to worry about. However he/she (so Pissee) may, given the nation's educational state, have problems working out the ratio of Rizzla-Leb-Tobbaco but who gives a shit? He can carry enough to see him through a few months and it dont take up space. It's not that I'm against 'Puff' it's just that it would never work in the Army because ther is alway's some Joker who would go too far and although that happens when people drink Alcohol how do you regulate a smoke? 8) :?

5. LWM, you need to come off the crack, 'man'!

Well done on yet another informed post.

Fucking wierdo.

6. Please take your petty comments to PM...deleting

Back on topic?....

7. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

Spoil sport :cry:

8. Dear Mr Eagle, It would appear that only I have had my post removed. Given that I did not use any profanities in that particular post would you please care to PM me with you reasoning? I do acknowledge that this is your 'Chalkboard' however it would appear to anyone perusing this site that I had either gone OTT in my Defence or was not prepared to back up my statement!! :? Given that neither of the above was true I feel that at least I deserve a private if not public explanation :?:

9. Speaking personally, I thought smoking weed was mandatory once out of basic training.

The great debate between booze and cannabis is a non-starter. Why choose when you can have both? Many an Aldershot evening was spent consuming bucketloads of electric soup. But when we got back up the block you couldn't beat a Cornetto sized joint to round things off.

A Toms equivalent of port and cigars if you will.

"But smoking weed leads you on to hard drugs blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

No it doesn't. The only thing that smoking weed leads you to is the Yellow pages at 2 in the morning, trying lice fcuk to find a pizza place that will deliver to Montgomery lines.

10. I deleted at least four other posts so you weren't being singled out! :wink:

It was just going wildly off-topic, that's all. [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. smoking weed, i suppose very common these days, and I suppose those that use it do tend to mellow out, but, too many of them want to go and get nibbles etc, and jump in the car. As far as that goess it's a no,no. imagine some geezer driving a challenger, LGV or whatever totally mellowed out too scary for me.
    I don't think it will be suitable for the lifestyle of a squaddie.

13. ...and getting pissed-up is?........

I just don't get it...what's the difference 'tween getting pissed-up and having a few smokes?

14. There is no difference Eagle, it's just the stigma built up over the years against the weed, even though alcohol is probably the worst evil of the two. A soldier driving a tank under the influence of which one? There's no difference. You just don't do it, but given the culture of the Forces, how many times does a squaddie drive out of barracks in an armoured vehicle, or any vehicle for that matter still pee'd from the night before? Drink is also associated to many things such as violence, murder, etc. You may also know someone who's whole life has been destroyed by drink, I do, and they lost their wife, daughters, house and career over the bottle. I don't know anyone who has lost so much over smoking dope. Smoking usually leads to an overall feeling of a relaxed state and being at peace with your surroundings.

15. Eagle said
    I didn't compare between the smoking MJ and drink as the effects of drink are well documented thats all. I deplore anybody who will drive a vehicle in a public place under the influence of any susbstance, knowing they are not in full charge of their brain functions. (but I still partake in plenty of boozing.)

C_c said
    Are you certain of that statement? how do people get on to other susbstances? most try Cannabis first and like the buzz and proceed from there, searching for a bigger buzz, and yes it is not much difference between that and say starting off drinking shandies and ending up on meths. but if drugs are being misused, it is probably easier to nip off for a crafty poke than to go and get your can and not get caught.