Married with kids, is he entitled to a quarter?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by pigdog, Oct 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A mate of mine has a quarter as he is married (no relationship so his wife will never live there) and has a couple of kids. Recently some people have commented on the fact most of the month he is alone in the house - has kids for 2 or 3 weekends a month. Is he entitled to the quarter as he has nowhere to have the children unless he rents privatly?
  2. The short answer is probably
    For more info, see JSP 464 Ch3 and appendix 1 to annex D to Ch1.
  3. So Pigdog, you sorted your quarter/kids situation yet?
  4. If he is still classed as C1 then yes he is entitled. If however he is C3 he would be eligible but not entitled,this means if you are in a quarter and they draft somebody new in who is entitled they could take the MQ off him. I was in the same boat whilst in the mob(excuse pun) and the DHE people said that it could happen but no one had heard of an eligible being kicked out for an entitled person. If they did kick him out just get his family to go to the press and complain,they can stop a serviceman going to the press but they cant stop his family doing that!
  5. What's up, you ******* weasel?
  6. Barney - Rules and definitions have changed since you left.

Marco & Rufus - you appear to be somewhat wide of the mark.

pigdog - The link I posted will not work unless you are on the Defence Intranet, so I'm guessing that you won't be able to access it. Your mate, however, should be able to.
  7. Cheers Joe - will pass that onto him.

Rufus not sure what your on about, asking a serious question untill he can find out for definite.

Marco - ha ha nice one, does sound a bit suss.
  8. This link goes to an internet site.