Married soldiers not entitled to MQ's after 8 years..

As for having mould in the bathroom stating that the window was permanently open then that's part of the problem, you should only ventilate regularly and not leave it open permanently for the walls to become cold and damp. Did you ventilate the whole house or just the one room.

Anyhow it's obvious that some people have had bad experiences with SFA, they will judge the entire service based on the microcosm of their bad experience and be steadfast in not changing that opinion.
You're confusing posters... Someoneelse said ther bathroome was manky. It was my master bedroom window that was open permanently and still got mould allaround it. My lounge inthe same house was manky behind the TV due to lack of insulation in the wall, and behind the sofa due to a poorly modified soil stack.

No mould in the barthroom, but we did have a toilet that backfired in to the bath, and a bath which caused the toilet to fill if you tried to empty it in a oner.... don't tell me.

I should have been houseproud enough to pay for it all to be sorted?

I'll throw in the taps on the sink which caused a damp patch in the lounge for free.

That was a PUMA or STARed house... would rather have stayed in the 1930's house I was in previously.

Left the Army last year and my new job was nowhere near my own house. So, we rented a 3 bed house - nothing special. It is costing us £1275 a month and the council tax is £125. Thankfully, I am finally moving into a house we have bought in 2 weeks time.

With regard to the 8 yr limit on MQs, there will need to be a considerable change to posting lengths and other conditions of service to match the demand. People are going to be far less keen to move after 2 yrs. For example, the Canadian Forces have a 5 yrs posting plot - but people might get moved to a new post in a garrison in the middle of that tour. This allows house purchase and as result the MQs are not in such high demand.

However, I think that MoD sees the MQs as a real opportunity to save some serious money and I predict some major changes in the coming years with NEM.

Anyhow it's obvious that some people have had bad experiences with SFA, they will judge the entire service based on the microcosm of their bad experience and be steadfast in not changing that opinion.
I have been a Pad for over a quarter of a century so think I have a pretty balanced opinion. Overall the standard of SFA is low (Germany better) and the current service is pretty rubbish again Germany has always been better, however, the demise of estate wardens will mean the standard of service for the few left over there will dramatically decline.

But what would I know, it would appear my limited experience has tarnished my view ^~

I do rent it out, sadly even tho I bought in 2009 while house prices were quite low, and considering I put 10% down the mortgage is still not covered due to the rental market also dropping, put alongside the cost of home insurance, boiler cover, estate agent fees, lsap interest it soon adds up!!
So if I've read it correct, I've been in 12 years, so soon won't be entitled to SFA, won't be able to live in my own house because its 140 mile away and won't be able to privately rent in the area I'm based as its in London!!!
Is it now allowed to rent out a property purchased with LSAP?

I have been a Pad for over a quarter of a century so think I have a pretty balanced opinion. Overall the standard of SFA is low (Germany better) and the current service is pretty rubbish again Germany has always been better, however, the demise of estate wardens will mean the standard of service for the few left over there will dramatically decline.

But what would I know, it would appear my limited experience has tarnished my view ^~
You also like to wear Barracks Dress on Fridays (not exclusively) so your judgement may be awry ;-)

Done over 30 years in quarters and less than 10 to go. Got no major complaints. Estate wardens were good. German and ex-RAF quarters were better quality.

One of the best experiences recently was in Harrogate, which is a PFI contract. The 'estate warden' was on-site and a retired RE WO2, jobs jobbed often on the same day or the next.

No major problems with MHS, either, but then I can describe the problem accurately because I do a lot of DIY and I'm at home during the day, so the common problem of waiting for the wrong chap to arrive only for the next one to have to go and get the right part rarely occurs.

Done over 30 years in quarters and less than 10 to go. Got no major complaints. Estate wardens were good. German and ex-RAF quarters were better quality.

One of the best experiences recently was in Harrogate, which is a PFI contract. The 'estate warden' was on-site and a retired RE WO2, jobs jobbed often on the same day or the next.

No major problems with MHS, either, but then I can describe the problem accurately because I do a lot of DIY and I'm at home during the day, so the common problem of waiting for the wrong chap to arrive only for the next one to have to go and get the right part rarely occurs.
No disagreement with Germany or most places where there is a military presence (serving or ex) when it comes to assistance. Pretty much agree with RAF although my house in Leuchars was fit for a couple of rabbits who would prefer a wet climate.

However, to describe some of the UK army locations as atrocious would be kind :)