Married quaters who should get them

#1
I have tried to get my PSTAT changed to allow me the ability to see my children on week days nights and weekends.
The army dont recognise this fact and will not allow my chnage and wont allow the system to allocate a quater.
Has anyone come across this?
Has anyone had any sucess?
Does the RAF have a different rule?
 
#2
Qatar is a big country mate, just try for a 3 bedroom semi
 
#3
There are clearly defined regulations which determine which PSTAT you are placed in - if you don't meet the requirements your PSTAT will not be changed.

The rules are the same across all the services.
 
#5
My mate had his personal circumstances taken into account. It's no good having access to the kids if you haven't got your own pad. Seek proper advice mate - it's achievable
 
#6
The only reason i ask is i have heard that the RAF have allowed quaters for single dads?
Looking for a steer as to any sucesses in getting PSTATs changed. To allow for dads who regulaly have there children and travel the length of the country to do so but have no way of accomodating them?
 
#7
It depends on whether or not there are spare quarters-if not then you need tobe in the correct category or you won't get one
 
#10
Speak to the local Army Welfare Worker, they will be able to interpret the rules in respect of your situation and if appropriate apply pressure where necessary. But as taboo has stated, the contact house may well be the cheapest option.
 
#11
The RAF do allow single Mums/Dads to live in spare SFA, I think the RAF understand the concept of the word welfare. However the problem that does arise is where you fill up all the spare quarters with single mums/dads and there is no housing left for PStat 1.
 
#12
Bodhisattva said:
Who should get married quarters?


Ermmmm......

Married service personnel!
You would think that wouldn't you
 
#14
Ingenarius said:
In this tri service world we live in, the rules should be the same for all 3 services! One the same all the same :D
How can one be the same? The same as what? As the answer is probably in a JSP, that would indicate the rules are the same for all of us, however, the discretion with which they are applied possibly varies.
 
#15
When selecting a wife that you are going to have sprogs with select one that you are going to stay with and not the first Doris that dropped her knickers and opened her legs for you.

Because if you do choose in haste there is a fair chance that said Dori will be just as eager to drop her knickers for everyone else resulting in the inevitable divorce and the cry for married quarters that are in short supply and are required by actually married personnel .

Failing that seek advice from your welfare officer, RAO, the local hive or the army welfare services (AWS) all of whom have vast experience in these matters and will give you far better advice than a group of random anonymous strangers on an internet site.

However, you are far more likely to get the answer you want from the random strangers :D
 
#16
As a single dad (presume your marry stat3) you fall into a category that you are eligible for a Married Quarter should there be one available although not entitled like Marry Stat1 or a Single mum with full custody. I am in the same boat, my wife and I grew apart after 12 years of marriage and have two children. I have to travel to her to pick up the kids and stay at the local contact house when I go to see them as I have no where to accommodate them in the Mess on camp.

I have known single Army dads to be given excess quarters to allow for their children to come and visit however the fact that there are not enough quarters for married people in the Forces world at the moment means it is unlikely that you will be allocated a quarter.
 
#17
CAARPS said:
When selecting a wife that you are going to have sprogs with select one that you are going to stay with and not the first Doris that dropped her knickers and opened her legs for you.

Because if you do choose in haste there is a fair chance that said Dori will be just as eager to drop her knickers for everyone else resulting in the inevitable divorce and the cry for married quarters that are in short supply and are required by actually married personnel .

:D
Is this experience talking?
 
#18
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/MicroSite/DE/OurPublications/ServiceFamilyAccommodation/Forms.htm

Has everything you need for quarters, including links to JSP's which specify entitlement.

That said, there is room for some common sense which might be in the service interest, say for example.

Two personnel entitled to SSSA, which costs defence in excess of £30k pa for each one, who are getting married shortly. You might think that if quarters were available it might be of benefit to defence to allow them to take one over early and pay the appropriate charges, saving defence £60k per year. No, the entitlement rules say no, so despite being asked to save save save in defence, it is translated to spend spend spend, even when people tryand do their bit!
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#19
welsh said:
The only reason i ask is i have heard that the RAF have allowed quaters for single dads?
I know someone in the RAF whose single and has a quarter because she has a dog
 
#20
bianchi said:
CAARPS said:
When selecting a wife that you are going to have sprogs with select one that you are going to stay with and not the first Doris that dropped her knickers and opened her legs for you.

Because if you do choose in haste there is a fair chance that said Dori will be just as eager to drop her knickers for everyone else resulting in the inevitable divorce and the cry for married quarters that are in short supply and are required by actually married personnel .

:D
Is this experience talking?
Yes

Experience of seeing it happen time and time again to young c*nt struck soldiers :evil:

Experience of trying to advise said young c*nt struck soldier who is getting a regular f*ck for the first time in his life that the 30 year old woman who is on her third divorce with kids from each marriage is truly in love with him and not just trying to get into a married quarter :evil: :evil:

Experience of picking up the pieces when the young soldier is now moving back into the block with CSA payments to worry about for his 1 real and 3 or 4 surrogate children :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sadly for me though I have been married for over 20 years :D :D :D
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads