Married quarters - whats going on?

I have heard more and more of people being posted and there not being enough married quarters for them to move into straight away (Germany, Tidworth, Aldershot to name a few i've heard of). This results in the wives often having to stay behind until a quarter is available, my question is why all of a sudden is there no quarters?

I am due posting in Dec and am dreading what s**thole situation im going to be left in. we are now binning off personnel and the blanket answer to whinging about unfair circumstances is "get out if you don't like it" which up to a few years ago would have been unacceptable. I think that if the army had some sort of management of their quarters again then this situation wouldn't be happening. Families are very important to soldiers, therefore they should be important to the army. Please someone enlighten me to what the situation is, have we got rid of most of our married quarters? Whats going on?????

B

Biscuits_AB

You sound convincing. Do you also dress up in womens clothing at weekends and call yourself Heather?

Is it rag-week precious? I assume that you're a bint, with a name like that.

Or are you one of those new gay soldiers, wanting to move in with your "life partner" for bumlove?

Adjust your attitude you miserable ****.

So nothings changed with ref. to Qtrs, then!
If your Cum Receptical is good looking, push like
fcuk for a Qtr. then all the lads can have a bash,
If she is as foul as a Pot Dog, leave the Minger
at home, the lads will thank you for it!

See, whatever you do, you're the Winner...Simples!

Of course.....it all went 'tits up' when the system sold off the quarters to that 'management company' thing......I believe they rent them back now....is that correct?

I recently applied for a quarter and they offered me a quarter within the 15 days that the HIC promise...trouble is,the quarter is nowhere near where I requested on the app form,after calling them
to refuse the quarter I was informed that there are spaces at the locations I requested and the quarter I had initially been allocated was unfortunately the next house on list to be allocated...why ask for 3 preferred locations if they ain't going to read them!!!!

firstly thanks rememechanic and golden eagle for posting relevant things. i have had friends that have recently been posted around the paderborn area, i know they were selling off some quarters around there and now they've told my friend that he will have to leave his wife in the uk for 3 months. those that have been given a quarter have been given quarters that are not suitable for there family size, but been told to crack on. me and my wife have been lucky so far but were looking at moving back to germany area and scared that were going to have to wait out for accomodation.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Hmm... Putting 'Heather' into my phone on predictive text it comes out as 'Heavier' (try it!)

Have you been turning to Ginsters a little too much during this whole emotional upheaval too?

firstly thanks rememechanic and golden eagle for posting relevant things. i have had friends that have recently been posted around the paderborn area, i know they were selling off some quarters around there and now they've told my friend that he will have to leave his wife in the uk for 3 months. those that have been given a quarter have been given quarters that are not suitable for there family size, but been told to crack on. me and my wife have been lucky so far but were looking at moving back to germany area and scared that were going to have to wait out for accomodation.
Well....good luck , hope you don't have to wait too long.
When me n' the 'boss' were doing the MSQ thingy....and we had 17 in our 25 years of doing them.....it worked on the 'points' system. As I climbed the rank ladder I didn't have to wait and was lucky enough to get local 'pads'
I really do feel for those who have to go unaccompanied and wait for one

I recently applied for a quarter and they offered me a quarter within the 15 days that the HIC promise...trouble is,the quarter is nowhere near where I requested on the app form,after calling them
to refuse the quarter I was informed that there are spaces at the locations I requested and the quarter I had initially been allocated was unfortunately the next house on list to be allocated...why ask for 3 preferred locations if they ain't going to read them!!!!
I wonder which genius came up with that one....

Never hd a problem myself... but then I phone the HIC, arrange the pad and then apply. Job jobbed in 24hrs.

Obviously a lot of bitter, divorced guys on here, or ones married to mingers.. either way when you actually care about your wife being separated is harder, and especially when she and the kids give you grief over it. I've heard the same about Tidworth and Bulford, really glad to have been posted to Bulford for Oct, knowing there's no housing available!

In pursuit of my......errmmm ... various hobbies and interests, I get to visit quite a lot of different married quarters regularly and I can assure you that nothing, absolutely nothing whatsoever is going on!

While we are on the theme, your kids don't look like me at all whatever the neighbours may say.......

Although now been out of the army (REME) for over four years, I have settled as a civvy in the Paderborn area and am in contact with one of the Estate Managers.
He confiirmed the three month waiting list and it is due to a lot of quarters being refurbished and as soon as a quarter is refurbished, a family is moved in from the next area to be refurbished so therefor very few places for new arrivals.
Have to say though that during my 22 years whenever a lot was spent on doing up a place, it was very shortly afterwards handed back to the German owners.
I even had persistent "rumours", of a handback of a quarter I was in, repeatedly being fobbed off by the heirarchy as purely rumours without any substance to them.
The last time I heard this "explanation" was one second before I dropped a newspaper with the property advert on the guys desk. The newspaper had kindly been left to me by the german couple who had knocked on my door the previous evening asking if they could view the flat as they were interested in buying it.
The next qtr we moved into was the best we ever had. ;)