married quarters in cyprus

Discussion in 'REME' started by vm_in_a_rs_world, May 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. has anybody recently won the lottery and actualy managed to get a posting to one of the wksps, if so could you please give me an idea on what the quarters are like.

are they furnished and if so what happens to your furniture from previous quarter.

facilities for kids, famillies

social life, sport and are we all still banned from nappa.

got my preferential in at moment and board has just sat so can only dream, someone has to win it and get posted there.

2. It all depends where you are going, WESBA, ESBA, Dhekelia etc. On the whole housing 'aint too bad, varying from okay to stunning. Then again your quarter charges reflect this.

Some housing is free, yes, free but the condition of those is debatable. They are furnished if you so wish, your excess furniture will go into storage.

Facilities are fantastic for families, kids and singlies. The oppourtunity for all sports from darts to freefall are there for the taking.

Napa is not totally out of bounds only certain parts, namely those parts where all the young fit birds frequent.

To put it bluntly Cyprus is the dog's swingers and the extra cash (LOA) takes some spending.

3. I was lucky enough to serve in the west and the east.
    Epi is ok but not right on the coastline.
    Akrotiri is good (well it would be wouldnt it?!), the social life and facilities are superb...ARABS is prob the best beach on the island.
    Dhekelia I enjoyed but well....its army run!
    The quarters like said go from free and poor quality to very good but more cost, I'd suggest that you tell the missus that its only 2 years and the money saved on rent you can spend on beer/sport/strip clubs!!
    You have to go there with the right attitude, the number of guys that didnt like it as it was either:
    a. too hot
    b. too sunny
    c. dont like water sports
    d. too far from the uk
    I really dont know why they went there!!!
    If you dont come back all trained up in sub aqua/windsurfing/cat A licence then you've done summat wrong.....feel free to PM me for info on best quarter areas/strip joints!! lol

4. you can only go when you have completed CMSR, without dropping out on PT. :wink:

5. What are you on about?

Have you posted in the correct thread?

What has a regular soldier's posting to Cyprus got to do with a TA basic training CMSR?????

Have you just joined the TA and have been told the quote above?

Regular soldiers do 10-12 weeks phase 1 training then phase 2 (This is a REME post so anywhere between 9 months and 18 months approx) and then phase 3 continuation training. We have nothing to do with the 2 week TA CMSR. If we are POSTED to Cyprus we do not have to pass anything and go for a couple of YEARS.

Methinks you are bemuddled.

6. sorry your right i had no idea!

god i feel silly,how did you know i had just joined the TA.

7. Nope you've still got me?????

What has TA CMSR got to do with a regulsr soldier's posting to Cyprus????

8. ok, CMS(R)

stands for Common Military Syllabus (recruits) = 14 week Basic training, i never said anything about the TA. You got there on your own
    we used to teach a two week TA course,this was the old 12 week program stuffed in to two weeks,

VM_in_RS_world works with me and is a VM who only runs if donuts are running out. hence

(you can only go when you have completed CMSR, without dropping out on PT.)

hopefully this explains my post,

thanks

9. EX GRENADIER YES I KNOW ITS U MR ///K KNOBBER LOL HOW WAS YOUR RANGE WEEK, EXERCISE 2 WAS NICE AND WET, THE KIDS GOT EMOTIONAL BLESS THEM, STOP SPREADING RUMOURS. I DONT RUN FULL STOP DOUGHNUTS OR NO DOUGHNUTS IM AN A MECH FOR GODS SAKE . YOU WILL GET ME A BAD NAME IF PEOPLE THINK IM ACTUALLY DOING SOME FIZZ.

10. EX GRENADIER YES I KNOW ITS U MR ///K KNOBBER LOL HOW WAS YOUR RANGE WEEK, EXERCISE 2 WAS NICE AND WET, THE KIDS GOT EMOTIONAL BLESS THEM, STOP SPREADING RUMOURS. I DONT RUN FULL STOP DOUGHNUTS OR NO DOUGHNUTS IM AN A MECH FOR GODS SAKE . YOU WILL GET ME A BAD NAME IF PEOPLE THINK IM ACTUALLY DOING SOME FIZZ.

11. say again............all after ex over

12. Extra Doughnuts in Armr shop! :wink:

13. There are two types of soldier out there today. Those that eat doughnuts and those that wish they could,
    see you all on the next CO's run (Im the one at the back).

14. ROFL Pullthrough..... Man after my own heart! Extra sausage sarnie any1???

15. Hi there, my husband ( Cpl QARANC) has just found out today that we are going to be posted to Dhekalia for three years. I'm a previous serving member of the mob, but didn't do an overseas post so this is all new to me. Do u have any advice on where is good to apply for a MQ, and where can i find out advice on animals as we are bringing our dog with us. Any help is gratefullly recieved
    Cheers
    Jen Bennett