Married Quarters In Colchester

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by veni_vidi_vici, Apr 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all just a quick question, could anyone tell me what the married quarters in colchester are like i start phase 1 for the Parachute regiment in 11 days and the mrs would like to know a little about where we will be living once completed. Any info or even pictures would be great.

Thanks for any help you can give

2. I was going to ask the very same question!

Spooky..

Any info would be great!

WK

3. You'll find a bunch of information here in the Garrison Guide. There's not much on the houses themselves (and it's a long time since I lived there), but you will find a few numbers you can call if your wife has specific questions.

Good luck in Phase 1.

Don

4. I'll give the original thread starter one thing, he's very optimistic. The bloke hasn't even started training and wants to know about the quarters!

If you do pass then start saving for a deposit on your own house. The quarter estates (St Michaels), is an absolute dive, fit only for pikeys and council house smack heads. Oh, that's because that's who the council have housed along side the squaddies.

Drury Meadows estate is a decent enough area but I can't recall meeting any toms there. It was mostly SNCOs and WOs.

Seriously, my advice is buy your own gaff. There are plenty of new flats being built near the riverside. You may need to get a good drug dealing business on the go to pay for it mind you.

Good luck.

5. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

I have to disagree here. St Michaels used to be a great estate (for a young fornicating soldier) 8)

6. For a young lad first mq its not too bad but im on my 11 mq now after being in army 19 years and this is worst estate and mq ive had. Living on St Michael estate at mo and crap. DHE is appalling and now modern day housing involved dont expect repairs to be goodor swift. Sent countless letters of complaint off when I arrived to no avail.

7. Moved out of a lovely MQ in Colchester in Jan. It seems that the houses on Fallowfield / Alamein / Eight Acre are in better nick than those in the Oakapple area and certainly better than the sh1te hole we've moved into in London! :x

8. VVV

DHE currently moving people into Ebony Close where half the houses are boarded up due to impending demolition/renovation so don't hold your breath for too long.

Admire yr optimism though keep going and all the best

9. Im about to hand mine back as Im moving into my own place- I would have to agree with Geordie, Im on St Michaels and its pikey central, but then again so is most of Colchester

10. You've got greater things to worry about. Concentrate on completing your training first, the last thing on your mind should be your quarter, it'll be fuck me this log is heavy.