Married Quarters in and around Camberley

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by Trunks_of_Doom, Nov 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please can anyone tell me what the MQ's are like in Camberley?

Most importantly, what is the internet connection like?

Can you get virgin media?

2. What rank are you?

If you are of the non-officer type you will be inside RMAS, if you get a quarter on Pine Close they are pokey holes, yard is 6 foot long and as wide as your house with a 7 foot wall around it (my wife cried when she saw it) and youll be surrounded by Gurkha families.

If you have kids you may get one of the bigger houses with a back garden.

If youre an officer then zippidee doodar! quarters are magic, especially if youre on the side of the road that has a coal fire place.

I lived in Pine Close and then on another posting I had an officers quarter on Matthews Road.

3. nice sound grate but u can rent off base with ur gf - wife if you want to though cant you.

4. If you don't mind travelling a bit further, there are officer and OR patches in Farnborough/Cove which are okay.

There's always Aldershot, but not convinced they're any better tham Camberley.

5. Try and get a Quarter In Arborfield when I was there in the 90's the accommodation was very good.

It was a nice area in a Rural Setting and because it beside the School of Electronic Engineering I am sure Braodband will be good.

Aye

Magic

6. Pine Close.

[​IMG]

They've lowered the walls a bit now.
    Try for a quarter in Range Ride instead.