Married Quarters in Albemarle/Newcastle

thehbic

Swinger
Hey! Partner is Army and he's just got his new assignment for Newcastle which is brilliant as it was one of the places we requested as we really like the area. We've only been in married quarters since Jan, I believe we were above entitlement, being provided a three bed house, despite being three of us anyway (we have a relative with us) - not had a negative experience yet, neighbours are decent and I liked the house a lot.

Anyway, there's naff all online about Albemarle. Has anyone previously lived there and able to give us an idea as to house sizes? All the houses on our current camp (up north) are three bed room, is that the same for there? or do they have two bedrooms places etc most importantly we like having two toilets, do some places come with one? That probably sounds super entitled but it's just comfort.

We were thinking of requesting a property off camp, for accessibility purposes and being closer to town, would anyone know what area the pads are off camp? Or are they dotted about? For those who have lived off camp in general, whatever their assignment, is it something you just write down in additional notes on the housing form?

Sorry if I don't make sense. Thanks for reading!

There used to be 2 areas actually in Newcastle and one a bit nore on the outskirts but they were handed back to council/Annington some time back.

Best bet for information would be the Hive at Newcastle, the one at your current location should have contact details.

Back in the day, you could request off camp but you'll be offered the first one available that is in your entitlement or meets specific needs, refuse it because its not where you want and you run the risk of going to the bottom of the pile.

There are 2 bedroom houses at Albemarle so dont expect a 3 if it is not in your entitlement (if you have a relative staying with you then might need to apply again at your new station (really not upto date on current regs and no intention of searching the manuals on a Bank Holiday weekend)), again nice if it happens but dont set your heart on it, oh and from memory they all had 1 bathroom/toilet (modernisation plans may have changed that since I last occupied the pads in Newcastle so don't take this as gospel)

Take the above with a big pinch of salt though and speak to the appropriate authorities and they should steer you in the right direction.

thehbic

Swinger
There used to be 2 areas actually in Newcastle and one a bit nore on the outskirts but they were handed back to council/Annington some time back.

Best bet for information would be the Hive at Newcastle, the one at your current location should have contact details.

Back in the day, you could request off camp but you'll be offered the first one available that is in your entitlement or meets specific needs, refuse it because its not where you want and you run the risk of going to the bottom of the pile.

There are 2 bedroom houses at Albemarle so dont expect a 3 if it is not in your entitlement (if you have a relative staying with you then might need to apply again at your new station (really not upto date on current regs and no intention of searching the manuals on a Bank Holiday weekend)), again nice if it happens but dont set your heart on it, oh and from memory they all had 1 bathroom/toilet (modernisation plans may have changed that since I last occupied the pads in Newcastle so don't take this as gospel)

Take the above with a big pinch of salt though and speak to the appropriate authorities and they should steer you in the right direction.
Thank you so much for your response! when did you last occupy the pads?

The one toilet scenario shits me up, no pun intended!

Thank you so much for your response! when did you last occupy the pads?

The one toilet scenario shits me up, no pun intended!
About 15 years ago, the 2 city pads areas are on my regular running route and I haven't seen the ususal hints that there are a large body of military still being housed there ie coaches, military vehicles doing the odd pick up or the washing out on the line)

thehbic

Swinger
About 15 years ago, the 2 city pads areas are on my regular running route and I haven't seen the ususal hints that there are a large body of military still being housed there ie coaches, military vehicles doing the odd pick up or the washing out on the line)

We'll have to put our request in asap and hope for the best! Excited for what Newcastle brings! :)