• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Married Pay

I'm getting married next year and have been told by a friend i will get an increase in pay. Is this just for overseas postings or does it apply to uk as well?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think someone is pulling your chain. It used to be the case years ago that married people got a tax break, but that's all stopped. I think that ended about the same time as MIRAS.
You may end up getting working families tax credit if your joint household income is below a certain amount and you have any jam eaters, but other than that you'll get feck all that you're not getting now.

Cheers. Was looking for some info for age but couldn't find any. Is there any way of finding out how much the rent would be in a married quarter?

lfc2001 said:
Cheers. Was looking for some info for age but couldn't find any. Is there any way of finding out how much the rent would be in a married quarter?
Rent differs on location, I was in a 3 bed house in Germany paying £170 a month but out here in Cyprus I'm paying £225 per month.

If your serving overseas you'll get more LOA than your singley counterparts and a bit more if you have kids.

Incidently I get £1475 LOA per month with 2 kids out here. It all means nowt though as your misses will spend it all anyway. :)

Latest Threads