Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Married man wants another women

Good poem.....sorry being a Phillistine....who was Dorothy Parker....Dorothy Perkins I know, but Dorothy Parker alludes Mr Thickie.

I must be honest....and maybe going out on a limb with you lot, but I think my wife has said something pretty similiar in the past although not talked about.

As I said I am no Saint......but I am much the wiser!

Dorothy Parker was an American poet (1893-1967) who wrote, amongst lots of other things, some very amusing and highly cynical verse - especially on the subject of love,romance and life in general!

One more and then I'll shut up............

Oh, gallant was the first love, and glittering and fine;
The second love was water, in a clear white cup;
The third love was his, and the fourth was mine;
And after that, I always get them all mixed up.

How about

SOCIAL NOTE
Lady, lady, should you meet
One whose ways are all discreet,
One who murmurs that his wife
Is the lodestar of his life,
One who keeps assuring you
That he never was untrue,
Never loved another one...
Lady, lady, better run!

DP

or

UNFORTUNATE COINCIDENCE

By the time you swear you're his,
Shivering and sighing,
And he vows his passion is
Infinite, undying -
Lady, make a note of this:
One of you is lying.

DP again

I am really not forlorn!!

I am 39 and my brood weren't chickens when I dropped them off at school this morning.

Yes he was, and he didn't want to jump..my time is precious to me and I hate it being wasted.

What was that about the 15 year itch?

DP?

That was painted all over the SLR I lost on pen-y-fan.

I always wondered what it stood for!

I think we should cut the romantic poetry out of this site before some moderator insists all post have to be writ as sonetts!

..................................an ode to my lady's green hunters :-/

Hey no poetry or verse or we’ll have to call you sub-sonnet.

Yeah it is great spending all that time wistfully looking off mountaintops with the old ball and chain then fondly reminiscing over how perfect they were in your little mountain cabin later that night whilst sweating profusely in front of the open fire. I miss those days massively.

I don’t miss not being able to go down the pub on a Saturday afternoon to watch footy with the lads because it was time to spend more quality time with each other.

I would like to find another lass with whom I had a fair amount of interests in common. Had one before and it was everything everybody has listed above unfortunately one of her interests was other people

They do say there is no point in crying over spilt milk, but I wouldn’t mind having my glass back so at least I could try and refill it.

Dear Grumblin,
I have already worked out that I am considerably more advanced along the conveyor belt than you, so will you please take some advice from this old crone?!

I have been where you are, I have seen many people where you are, some that have just arrived and some that have just left. You must simply endure what you feel (bit like that really tedious phase of the exercise when you have no dry undies, no dry anything in fact, when you think you've been out here quite long enough to get the point thank you and can you go home now....and you have another 5 months to go)
and then Grumblin, you must be absolutely ruthless with yourself, and MOVE ON.
You had her company for a short time but she was there for the ride and and she's not coming back. There are gorgeous women out there, who are true and don't piss around with decent chaps.

Do the sisterhood a favour and get out there!

Prodigal,
     Don’t worry I have moved on very quick footed see, however I believe it is fine to miss things you enjoyed without wishing to slit your own wrists, the break up thing happened a few years ago now. I’ve not courted anybody properly since; partly as a choice (work, freedom blah blah) and partly because I don’t want to end up the way the last one finished. I still compare prospective partner to her because we were so compatible and it was fantastic while it lasted. I don’t want the same model only younger if that’s what you’re thinking but so far everybody has come up lacking. I don’t wish to shortchange myself so I’m happy with short-term interests between tours and exercises and maybe I’ll find the one that isn’t a square peg. There again I might not. I may have let the good one get away? Either way I’ll still be a fat old man with my feet up in the lazyboy chair (with built in drinks cooler) telling war stories to my sister kids because mine think I’m an uncool fat old man lounging in a lazyboy chair.

As a side line you are not quite as far down that conveyer belt compared to me as you think remember you listed your age previously!

Nowt wrong with being a fat old man with his feet up in a lazyboy chair Grumblin, as long as you're happy like that.

I look at things that 'if it's meant to be, it's meant to be'

So you might be 'meant to be a fat old man with his feet up in a lazyboy chair'. Or alternatively, fate may make you realise that you want to bat for the other team....who knows ;)

Oh well, if you're not that young I'll stop feeling so damn maternal then...... ;)

(But don't let time and distance create a rosy glow over the memories either....just had to get in that last piece of advice)

Think about what made you so compatible, down to two or three factors, and find them in someone else. I'm sure there is someone who has tried to catch your eye, but you have not wanted to see them!

I know it's more advice but, hey! I'm a woman! That's my perogative!

This is getting all too girly and 'deep'

My priorities were rather confused for some time, ie

Chick,
Beer,
Mates.

The balance was redressed for me last year and I'm happy to say that its been reversed.

Just want to make sure that not too many 'feminine sides' are being 'touched' by the wrong side of the genetic fence and to remind the chaps that tears are the affliction of those who either cut onions or posess matching 23rd chromosomes...

CGS, I think you should have  your  feminine side touched, massaged and generally felt up - I'm betting those of the us on the wrong side of the genetic fence who could indulge you would have you reduced to tears in no time at all.....

what's wrong with a chap getting to know his softer side anyway?!