Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Married man wants another women

Absolutely................

Er, except they can still be cheatin' lyin' varmints even if you don't marry them!

back to the drawing board..........

There is a get real angle here, busting someone for poking someone else's wife is a gross overreaction to a domestic dispute, you dont sack a company director for poking someone else! mind you you dont bust/sack many officers for the same offence and some that I know are a little above rabbitts in that sticky subject, it creates problems with unit cohesion granted, but then it does in civvie street as well, someone has to leave........or both bite their tongues and stick it out......seen that before and both gained my respect for being grown up about it.
Come into this century, I would love to be put in that C/SGT's position, and I am sure I could have found a brief to get me off of that one......as people have done before and will continue to do so, especially ex RMAS!, and a shed load of compo after too!    

Jez I think there’s still a little naivety there, a lot of soldiers not just a few seem to have played away in some way or another especially on the seedier tours like Belize etc some are just better at hiding it than others.

Best plan like Sniper_Bird said don’t get married.

Or pretend you're married apparently it works for pulling. You never seem to run out of offer when your seeing someone.

Hmmh.....some good thoughts here....as to marriage....please can someone tell honestly what the difference is between living with someone and marriage?

Just a thought.  I am enjoying being married...I hasten to add that I am no saint....and before being married I lived with a few girls.  I believe that there ain't alot of of difference?

What do you think.....  ???

And Prodigal (or was it Snips) of course you are going to get chatted up stupid......that is natural....flirting etc etc.  Wouldn't you be hurt if you spent ages in the bath tarting yourself up and not one bloke approached you?  Now if said bloke is drunk, lecherous and you don't enjoy being chatted up by him (oh, and he is married)....then an old fashioned girlie one liner 'like what part of the word 'NO' :mad: don't you understand should do the trick.  

But maybe.....and it is a longshot.....just maybe you might enjoy the attention of the married man chatting you up and flirting with you (especially if the single fellars are all pissed testerone full dullards  ;D).  

Remember 'When Harry Met Sally' is only a film.....friends don't have to sleep together!  You never know, you may end up being the best of friends?

Again....random thoughts..... :-/

Wish I had time to spend ages in the bath tarting myself up...

I don't mind being chatted up, but I think what a waste of time if I can't/won't do anything about it! It just irritates me slightly. And girls, is it just me, but can someone explain where all the decent (in all meanings of the word) single guys are?!! I have offers spilling out of my filofax, but once you've eliminated the married/bitterandtwisteddivorced/stra-a-ange/seriallyunfaithful, then there's not an awful lot left...

Prodigal

You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince.

For all the other posters:

lets just remember that after that moment of illicit passion, someone will have to come round and pick up the empty cases.  There are a hell of a lot of empties and we only seem to be shooting ourselves

After 22 years the army, and even arrse, won't be waiting at home for you, with your pipe and slippers when you finally sack it.

Too many good girls and blokes, stray whilst on ops; when all it took was a mate to have a word in their ear.

Aside from the discipline and standards paper, let look after each other and keep the tabloids off our backs.

Just a couple of thoughts for those thinking about taking the plunge:

A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.
A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change and she does.

A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.

Maybe a bit cynical but very true.

Prod, I understand what you are saying with regards to your filofax, the same is evident for blokes, but more with certain lasses just interested in getting “hitched” and not really concerned who too.

There should be a special dating area where freaks and weirdoes are banned (except for me obviously). ;D

I've had my fair share of odd balls (I attract 'em believe me) and I'm quite happy on my own. That way, I can do what I want, I haven't got to think about anyone else and I do make a rule not to go with married men. Not because I don't want to be the little woman on the side, but because I wouldn't want my husband cheating on me if I was married, so therefore, I don't go there.

But, like you say Prod, unfortunately, all that's left are the men with baggage, or the single ones that are still single for a very good reason, or gay.

And, just to throw open another can and let a worm out, why are gay men soooooo attractive?
It just aint fair!!

Loved Grumblin S's two liners - soooo true!

Couldn't agree more Sniper - do you think it's because they listen better, or just because they spend more on soap?!

PegRan, Sure I love my freedom - but why can't I be a free spirit and be happily hitched??!! (notwithstanding the 00's of words written already about infidelity etc etc)

Busy day at the office dear!  :D

1.  Gay men probably are more sensitive than us other blokes......but I think something about desiring the unobtainable or the thrill of the chase (as in the girl that converted a gay).  Devils advocate and all that....but I do agree, they do listen lots.

2.  I think you lot protesth too much about being single....was it Shakespeare or Marlow that said, "it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all".  That's the way I used to look at it when being flanned by a girlie.

3.  Are you all that selfish that you don't want to share experiences in life....okay maybe not the deep end stuff of kids, but you know, the sunsets, mountain tops, silly times in bed, christmas mornings, etc etc?  I like going 'wow' with someone and then having a good natter about it?

4.  Yep, it is the same for blokes.....sorry girls there are enough weirdy ones out there.  From going off the pill on the 3 rd date to fall pregnant to being unnecessarily jealous (bit of an understatement!  :'()  I have seen a fair few.  Also, girls, you are setting the standard.....FHM, COSMO etc etc portrays the go get them 'it' girls......laddettes......single dominant female culture.....blokes just try and fit into that image that a fair few create when on the town....and then wonder why the bloke is a twat....because he is acting a twat trying to fit in with this girl power thing.  A bit over the top maybe, but I know girlfriends who have no interest in a relationship....sort their hormones out, wake up with a hangover and crack with a high power job on Monday morning.  Just like a bloke.

Prod, how old are you......the other thing to remember is that girls are usually a bit more mature than blokes and therefore want different things from life at different times.  Mother natures body clock has a great way of settling a bloke down when he has had enough of shagging his way around the world and drinking himself to oblivion.

As to your freedom Prod.....find a bloke that has been there, done that....content with life and nothing to prove.  And if you are the same then you will both have your different lives but will always be there for each other when you turn out the light......if not physically, certainly in the heart.............

....Arrghh....... :-[

What a sweet TSD!!!

You know, that Power Girl thing is a bit of a myth created by a story-hungry media. Women have always been capable and strong, long before careers, FHM/Cosmo and feminism appeared, long before they even had the vote.

I have to say though, the thought of predatory females coming off the Pill on the third date absolutely terrifies me - what it must do for blokes I cannot imagine (although there is an obvious solution chaps....)

As  for my maturity, I would have hoped most men would have caught a LONG time ago! And the biological clock does no longer tick for me, I have my brood and will not be adding to them.

I had the relationship you described in para 3 (how military is this getting?!) and the last sentence - but I got tired of doing it only at weekends....I mean watching sunsets and nattering, naturally...and facing the prospect of that for the rest of my life.

So, here I am, having philosophical discussions with you lot.....maybe I need to get out more..

Hey, and enough of that Busy Day at the Office dear already - I'm a woman, I can do two things at once.. :)

I thought you sounded forlorn...... :'(

and yes I know you are fine now etc etc...blah blah..

this lot ain't bad for a natter.....I would quite happily have a pint and 'chew the fat' about life.

As to military Defence Writing style......come on, the civvie world is just as bad with its protocols and quirky methods.

Am I allowed to ask how long out of your relationship, who was in the military (hence the weekends) and why one of you didn't make the jump?

You can tell me to sod off if still all a bit close to the bone.......and how old did you say you were?

Guess out of the blue...........28 gusting 32?  Brood of what....chickens, kittens or a dog name spot.......if you have children, well blow me down and I will now make a guess at 45 to 50 to save face!

Did you read the article in the Mail today on the 15 year itch?  How true do you think from a girlie point of view?  

Snips....are you still alive or returned to boredom central?  :)

Came across this poem last night - a reminder that 'playing away' isnt a recent phenomenon. Written by Dorothy Parker in 1944......

Soldier, in a curious land
All across a swaying sea,
Take her smile and lift her hand-
Have no guilt of me.

Soldier, when were soldiers true?
If she's kind and sweet and gay,
Use the wish I send to you-
Lie not lone till day!

Only, for the nights that were,
Soldier, and the dawns that came,
When in sleep you turn to her
Call her by my name.

As for being a singlie - I too enjoy the freedom that it generates  but it doesnt necessarily make me selfish (I hope).  I too would like to find the right bloke to share all the mountain top views, sunsets etc etc that you mention TSD. It's just that I aint found him yet.......

In the meantime I crack on with life as a singlie and make the most of it. No point moping around - life would be very dull!!! As for age - I too have waited to 'settle down' and now have the same 'problems' finding a kindred spirit - for all the reasons mentioned above and maybe more!!

Inthe meantime I'll just party on!