married in different forces

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by ghostmice, Aug 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently looking into applying for either army or raf but my fiancee is in the raf but her job is tri-force. If i was to go for army will they take us being married into consideration when being posted. I'm probably gonna be told to man it up now :D but i want to go for what is best for me and I'm fully aware that we are going to be spending allot of time apart wether i go for army, raf or was to simply follow her around as a civvy (which is not an option).

Thanks for any help.
  2. The Army and the RAF share very few postings together so unless you want your marriage over, I'd join the RAF. That way, at least you can get a posting with your wife.
  3. Ghost, it will depend on what she is doing and what you intend to do. There are a number of TRI service stations.

APC Glasgow (the guys who sort out your admin and postings etc) will endevour to keep you together where practical but there will be times when you will not be in the same station or even in the same country. Could you guys cope with that? I have a few friends who have managed it but it takes work especially when kids are on the scene.

Is she Int? if so then your best bet is to go OpMI with the Int Corps or EW Sys Op with the Signals, that will greatly increase the chances of you serving together in the same location.
  4. Thanks for the reply. Yea she's Int An Voice and i was looking at ICT. You say there will be times we are not even in the same country ect. wouldnt that be the case anyway even if we were in the same force? We have both agreed there will be no kids whilst we are in the forces.
  5. Ghostmice - I currently work and have worked with married personnel of various trades with the RAF both at home and OOA over the years. RAF PMA/ACOS Manning make every effort to co-locate you at the same unit or as close as possible(does no always happen) and deconflict your OOA tours unless you ask your A3 dept to go together. If have children you would never be OOA, on courses etc at the same time.