Married and Divorced under 20

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by rheywood, Dec 14, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently doing some research on the subject of teenage marriage and I am looking to speak to people under the age of 20 that have or experiencing any of the following:

1. Planning a marriage for early next year.
    2. Happily married.
    3. Married but currently seeking help.
    4. Divorced or going through a divorce.

If so, please contact me at or

2. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Does this mean you're engaged/married/divorced & looking for a squaddie anyway ?

3. Dale and BBC can answer no to Q2, but yes to Q 4. Unfortunately, neither is what you could call a 'spring chicken' (although BBC has eaten a few) :twisted:
  4. or are you a journo who wants to do a story on the kids who get married to get out of the block, to a local trout who wants to get away from home?
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Ms Heywood works for a marriage counselling site at

The link from the Home page which will tell you what this is about is
    << couples wanted>>.

It is not specifically Service-orientated. Be interesting to hear what the Army Families Federation view of them was...

Lee Shaver
  6. I once had a bloke turn up at Bn- just turned 18.

He had got married between finishing phase 2 and turning up in Germany.

She was 36......

Two Kids from previous "marriages" - 17 and 14. Jaysus.

She didn't let him deploy on exercise once because she thought he was just trying to get out of the house......
  7. Hmmm...I suspect that we are doing Ms Heywood's work for her, but never mind. At least she is bothering to become informed, as opposed to accusing all soldiers of being rapacious, love starved bounders who consistently 'cut and run'.

I never cease to be amazed by how many soldiers get married ridiculously early. The simple fact is that the Army makes it too bloody easy for these guys and gals to get hitched, because they get given good housing (relatively speaking), extra allowances etc etc. The lure is too great for most.

I got married to my first wife far too early. I did it because I got 'cock lock' and thought marriage would be an endless series of fantastic sexual vignettes. I suspect that some of the more mature members of this site are now wetting themselves.

It all ended in tears when I realised that I had in fact married a devil. And I didn't get my vignettes either.
  8. yes isn't it funny how they turn from deviant sex beasts to prudes when that ring goes on their finger... er the little gold ring i mean..... and when they say.. "we dont have to do it every five minutes now darling, we have the rest of our lives ahead of us"
  9. You refreshed a 20 month old thread for that?????
  10. obviously I did
  11. Err your missing out the wedding itself, An ideal opportunity for the blurkes to get some "Out of areas " Ops in, there's always Aunties and Grannies that enjoy the attention.

We use to press gang young gullible blokes in the block to getting married for the social , always a good free sesh which was arranged towards the end of the month.

Its a natural way of sorting the warriors from the chavs.
  12. 1 of my mates has just got married

finished his para training in august, got married the end of aug

he's only 21! well too young that i reckon
  13. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

From a book by Anthony Beavour on the subject of young Army wives. A CSM said " My advice to the jocks is if your wife gets bored get her Fckuing pregnant. That'll give her something to do"
    This did happen and probably still does.