Marriage makes you boring shocker!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Acid_Tin, Apr 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it just me, or is this a statement of the blindingly obvious? Shurely the reason all these SINGLE people go out is to become ATTACHED so that they can stay in, curled up in front of the fire with a good book? :D

2. ..staying in, drinking malt, reading a good(ish) Walt book while herself avidly devours the adventures of Super Nanny, Property Ladderettes Beeny and Kirsty (woof-woof, down girl) and Wife Swappers. It doesn't get much better than that. If it does get too heady a mixture then whistle up the dog and skedaddle to the pub for some intellectual banter (e.g. "Woodward's a cnut" "No he isn't" "Yes he is" et cetera)...

3. Depends how long you've been together. i find that going to the pub on my own raises such lady questions as,

1) Why aren't you taking me with you?
    2) Don't you want me meeting your mates?
    3) Whats her name?

Followed by a long period of silence for a few hours!!!!

Single's have it easier, if the lass your chatting to pisses you of, change pubs. Its a little more expensive than that for the couples. Maybe we're going out less so we can save up to go out more!!!!

4. That's why I'm all for gay marriages. They'd be the guys who still have fun, so they could set the example for my wife.

5. I've got a single mate in his mid-thirties who every six months has the dirtiest sex imaginable with the most depraved twenty-somethings that grace the planet. It's great being single, or so he says.....

It's funny that when we do go out for a beer together he never talks much about the other 180 days between wild shags, days when he invariably goes home to a big, quiet, empty house and goes to bed alone after eating a cold kebab.

I wonder why that is?

6. "...who every six months has the dirtiest sex imaginable with the most depraved twenty-somethings that grace the planet"

Why six months? Does it take him six months to save up to pay for sex? or Can he only spare the time to fly to Thailand twice a year?

7. You haven't seen him. :D

8. Once a week? Lucky, lucky barstewards. Now that, is living it.

9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Hmmm....that has a familiar ring......been married more than ten years then? :wink:

Lee Shaver

10. Marriage is boring as f*ck. All me and her do is stay in and sh*g.

11. Married + Mortgage = spending fcuk all on going out.

Single people spend more to go out, impress and pull thereby gaining access to the sex that marrieds get without the financial outlay.