Marmite sues BNP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dangerousdave, Apr 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Marmite is launching legal action against the British National Party after an image of the spread was used in a political broadcast without the company's permission.

Personally, i'd like to see both of them banned, as they're both disgusting :wink:

2. What?! Marmite's lovely.

Take it into the bedroom, and it's better then whipped cream :wink:
  3. I' m not clicking on that. Remember what happened to the last lot of people to reproduce drawings?

I don't want a load of Marmite supporters rampaging down the street threatening to cut my head off.

(Good poster btw :) )
  4. I wouldn't normally watch a BNP broadcast, but having now watched the current one and the one from last year's Euro election, and compared them to Marmite's Hate Party broadcast, it looks to me as if Marmite are on a very sticky wicket. There can be no doubt that whoever shot the Marmite ad spent time and effort to make it look like Nick Griffin's office.
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Nowt wrong with Marmite,I had some of the one made with brewers yeast on a toasted bacon & egg banjo... :D
  6. And you notice the "Love" party have red rosettes?

Not exactly subtle is it.

Wonder what mandlescum offered to unilever in exchange?
  7. Some rubber :? 8O
  8. No doubt coated with some unpleasant tasting brown material...and maybe some marmite too!
  9. I've never tried Marmite with fish..Marmite & Shrimp? has possibilities I suppose.
  10. And it would both look and smell like you've shat yourself :oops:
  11. According to the BNP website, marmite "started it" with a broadcast spoofing the BNPs Euro 2009 broadcast, before releasing a subsequent video taking the pish out of various BNP folks getting egged and "having darts thrown at them".
    Someone from the BNP then (without official direction, apparently) responded by editing a jar of marmite into a preview of a TV broadcast on the internet.

The official broadcast due to air soon, doesn't feature a jar of marmite. The Unilever company are not suing the BNP, they have in fact applied for an injunction to prevent the BNP from further use of their image in any broadcasts.
    The BNP for their part have complained to the police and Ofcom.

Two sides to everything I spose, wonder what really happened...