Marmite mushrooms

Mushrooms, as many as you like

Butter, tblsp

Marmite

Black pepper

Method

Wipe the mushrooms with a paper towel to clean them — don’t wash as they will lose their flavour. Melt a large knob of butter in a frying pan and roughly chop the mushrooms into quarters.

Sauté the mushrooms until cooked. Season with a little black pepper; no need to add salt.

Add a couple of heaped teaspoons of Marmite and stir over a low heat until the mushrooms are coated and a lovely golden brown colour. Serve on buttered toast or crumpets or with a full English breakfast.

oldbaldy

LE
Don't tell banjotrooper he'll be making headstones out of them :D

Sounds devine :) but isn't the marmite bacon enough salt to give the strongest of hearts a tough time? I'll be trying it anyway. It'd be the missis' worst nightmare though, her two most hated foods together in the same pan, mushrooms and marmite, yummy. Have you tried the marmite snacks and the marmite cheese?? food of kings

Good microwave snack too.

Bowl, mushrooms, butter, marmite, zap for 20-30 seconds.

Yeah, I'm a heathen singly !!!

Did anybody have any of those special edition jars they did with a touch of champagne in them? Not as good as the original IMHO.

Now the marmite cheese biscuits.........scrummy!

smudge5611 said:
Did anybody have any of those special edition jars they did with a touch of champagne in them? Not as good as the original IMHO.

Now the marmite cheese biscuits.........scrummy!
I have a half used jar of it in the pantry,not impressed with it in all honesty.It tastes...weird.Would've loved to have tried the Guiness one tho.

The Guinness one was good.

Take original recipie, or left-overs, put all in blender adding a bit of flour as necessary.
Voila! You have a patè. Delicious on a summer's day on toast with a simple salad.

Some really good ideas here I will have to try them out. Might even try them on the Mrs but as you doesn't swallow I suspect some of these will go the same way

spike7451 said:
Mushrooms, as many as you like

Butter, tblsp

Marmite

Black pepper

Method

Wipe the mushrooms with a paper towel to clean them — don’t wash as they will lose their flavour. Melt a large knob of butter in a frying pan and roughly chop the mushrooms into quarters.

Sauté the mushrooms until cooked. Season with a little black pepper; no need to add salt.

Add a couple of heaped teaspoons of Marmite and stir over a low heat until the mushrooms are coated and a lovely golden brown colour. Serve on buttered toast or crumpets or with a full English breakfast.
Don't forget the large dash of Worcester Sauce.

spike7451 said:
Would've loved to have tried the Guiness one tho.

Try the following for a close 2nd.

Take one slice of bread, toasted and lightly buttered while still warm.

Light spreading of Marmite (I prefer the squeezy bottle as it's easier to use).

14 pints of Guinness.

Method I'll leave to your imagination :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thebutlerdidit The Intelligence Cell 43
wessex_warrior The NAAFI Bar 113
snapper Current Affairs, News and Analysis 22