Marmite ..... its changing!

WHAT!!!!Noo....!!!!!
Sacrilidge!!Heathens!!!!Interfearing with OUR Marmite!!!!

Off for a slice of toast now with the Black stuff on!!!

Not only is it an outrage to change this iconic brand but this brings forth a far more serious issue. In order to get make the Marmite squeezeable, will they have to change the recipe? The consistency is all part of the heavenly and unique experience.

Damn, I don't eat honey because it drips off the toast....

WhiteHorse said:
Wasnt marmite the name of the jar? If they change that, they've changed the name?
'Marmite' is the name of a french cooking pot which features on the product label...

... I'll get my anorak!

Well I hate the stuff so any change can only be for the better.

Fear not!

They occasionally show a 15 minute documentary on Channel 4 about the conception of the new Marmite. It follows the long search for a valve that could cope with the consistency of the black gold, new marketing ideas etc etc. Its the same stuff in a new box.

Anyway, you don't spread it like butter, so stockpile some of the large jars and they should last you a few years :)

Orpheus said:
Anyway, you don't spread it like butter, so stockpile some of the large jars and they should last you a few years :)
No, it must be spread thick. Medium size jar lasts about a loaf.

I've read the list of ingredients - it's Guinness without the added water.

I went through a phase of eating spoons of the stuff. Mmmmm I can taste it now!! Snapper how about a love or hate it poll? It'd be interesting to see where the balance lies.

I'm sorry but this truly is the final straw…regimental cuts and amalgamations, synthetic bearskins for the Guards, the outlawing of hunting, and now tinkering with Marmite, the ultimate proof that British cuisine is so far superior to anything the French have to offer. This truly is more than one should have to stomach in one lifetime. Really depressing!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
uncle_vanya The Intelligence Cell 20
Litotes Cookery 83
hedgehog64 The NAAFI Bar 130