Market Research

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by napier, Mar 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

At the end of an operational tour each major unit is entitled to bring back one foreign trophy weapon for display (once deactivated) in a mess/HQ, etc. Personally, I've always been one for souvenirs from foreign tours and I get annoyed when the system puts in place pointless rules and the RMP interpret them to the limit.

Since returning from Iraq, I've been on the lookout for an AK-47 to hang on my study wall, but I have been put off by the high price (£3-400) and the disturbing rumours that further legislation from our esteemed government may ban/restrict deactivated weapons.

Anyway, after much searching I found a foreign company who make convincing replica weapons for quite a bit less than the cost of a deac, so I bought one. It does the wall hanging job very well, being pretty indistinguishable from the real thing (full weight/size, all metal and wood construction, working cocking/trigger action, removable magazine/top cover).

[Removed by mod]. I know its not as good as the one you prised from the cold dead hands of the insurgent you slotted/bayonetted, but you weren't allowed to keep that anyway.

[Removed by mod]

ARRSE is a UK based website and as such no firearm can be listed on this board. Firearms include all component parts of a firearm, sporting, collectible, curio & relic, signalling pistols, and antique firearms, regardless of their capability to fire a shot. Any item that is designed to discharge any shot, bullet or other missile is covered by this ban, regardless of that item's present ability to fire. Replica or imitation firearms are also prohibited. Weapons which discharge noxious substances, liquids or gas, including tear gas or pepper spray dispensers, are also prohibited in the UK and on ARRSE.

If anyone is wondering about the missing bits, its because I am intending to advertise them, but an overzealous moderator thinks I am some kind of yardie gun/drug dealer. If anyone is interested, pse PM me - website to follow soon.
  2. Do they do a line in replica SAS smocks?
  3. I'd love a replica gun.

Would my full size/weight AS90 come with an engine and a driver?
  4. napier

Sorry, you'll have to steal your own.
    Sorry, but the excessive weight of the typical RA driver makes postage too expensive!
  5. If you had asked before buying it, I could have got my hands on a live firing AK and had someone deac it for you £60. No questions.

Replicers are good but never as good as the real thing. My next toy is going to be a blank firering Scorp

Any other doggy stuff needed I'm your man.

I've got a Para smock not as good as a SAS one but I can have a word with some people who know some poeple if you know what I mean.
  6. I have been approached by an old friend who is now a PMC. He has picked up the contract to overthrow the government of a small west African nation. He requires small-arms and support weapons for a force of 150, a dozen large RIBs, and a shed-load of ordnance.

Over to you Ragy! :roll:
  7. Can you get your hands on a dictionary?
  8. napier

Here are some pictures of mine. I will be advertising soon in Soldier Mag, a web site (to follow), and maybe a link on here.

Attached Files:

9. Do you usually drink whisky in your downstairs toilet?
  10. napier

Yes, but don't tell the wife!
  11. I have to say i have seen it all now it must be like walking in to RHQ when u walk in to this guys room. Dont get me wrong each to there own but all my military awards and pictures are no where to be seen i thought seeing the oath was bad but to compliment it with a decantor just takes the p1ss. Tick Tock Tick Tock this way youg fellow me lad.

Top Tip : Invite ya CO round for drinks show him ya wall its better than the RSM's he will promote you all the way to the top.

Cheers its made my day.

12. napier

Well Daz,
    Its actually the study in my otherwise non-military house, and after 15 years I have accumulated quite a lot of things whch remind me of times I'm quite proud of.
  13. Ragyman you are a tit. grow up. As for the moderator being overzealous I don't agree. The moderators are in place to make sure that the website owners don't get prosecuted. If it is the website policy not to advertise the sale of firearms, real or replica, that is up to them. Ragyman. Did I mention I think you are a tit.
  14. I must admit. My awards and photographs of good friends take pride of place. i do not however own any firearms. real or replica. However replica firearms are not yet illegal and if he wants to own one that's up to him.

I think that replicas will soon be illegal anyway. Unless they are of antique/obsolete weapons.
  15. I don't know about AKM/AKs, but rumour has it that a DIVEX along the Cruise liner docks in Southampton might yield some rather rusty FN rifles... :D