Mark Wright GC left to die by failings at MoD

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by oldbaldy, Jan 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=C2TGO5RMLEHKBQFIQMFSFFOAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2008/01/13/nhero113.xml

2. I would rather have been rescued by a potentially faulty winch than not rescued at all...

Once again further evidence that the UK needs dedicated Combat Search and Rescue helicopters.

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Expanded:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml;jsessionid=T0Y4QS0CRWZ31QFIQMFSFFOAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/opinion/2008/01/13/dl1302.xml

4. That is a quote to be printed and sent out to every minister. Id say more but dont want to ruin this thread.

5. Remove the RAF helis that provide support for civilian search and rescue and send them to theatre.

Are these fully funded by the MOD or assisted from other funds (I dont mean charity boxes).

6. What's wrong with getting the winch manufacurers/repairers out to carry out the inspections in theatre?

7. It does pose the question,why didnt they go out to theatre as out@last
    said. They quite willingly left Troops without the equipment, im sure it cost more to remove and send the stuff back to the U.K than it would send a couple of engineers out.

Though it cost Mark Wright GC more.

8. It beggars belief that someone arranged for all the winches were sent back at once. I just hope the same person doesn't find a problem with the SA80.

9. Im really not suprised by this. Some bean counter somewhere has blood on thier hands. It would be laughable if it wasnt so tragic. I just feel sorry for the family knowing that this happened!

10. The horrible truth is that a dead soldier is cheaper and less paperwork for this despicable Government than having to pay for the proper equipment.

11. To angry to post anything coherent. I'll just stop now.

12. Wait out on that one Disco. The MOD will be waiting, fingers crossed for a new charity to be set for the Armed Forces towards vital war fighting equipment. It will probably be called Help for Soldiers who need Equipment now foundation and the treasury will demand it's normal slice of the donations collected, because of the strict treasury rules. :roll:

After all, it's sadly the case with our men and women who are injured in some form to expect to rely on charity to foot half the bill in getting them back to health.
    Did I say half? :evil:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/servicecharities/

13. The Bean Counter in question is our unloved and unelected and drowning in sleaze PM. Mark isn't the only one to die because Broon refused to properly fund us.

The buck stops with cyclops. He should be prosecuted.

14. We are all, rightly, appalled at yet another avoidable death but does anyone really believe that a change of Government would mean that the Forces would be better equipped?
    What is needed is for there to be a total shift in the way that the people of this country think. It is very easy to mock the Americans but they do value their Forces and their serving men and women. We don't.