Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maritime & aviation inspections

Good morning all

I am once again calling on the wide pool of experience from the members on the site. I would like to hear from anyone who has experience in the maritime and aviation sector who can could answer some questions about inspections.

If you have knowledge or experience of conducting inspections (in particular confined spaces) in either the maritime or aviation sectors, then i would be very grateful for any response, If you would prefer to pm details then all the better.

Thanks

MoE

Not carrying out actual NDT, but plenty of experience of prepping the areas for such. Fuel tanks, undercarriage bays etc. Usually hot, invariably smelly, always bloody awkward.

Not carrying out actual NDT, but plenty of experience of prepping the areas for such. Fuel tanks, undercarriage bays etc. Usually hot, invariably smelly, always bloody awkward.

Are you ok if I pm ?

what are you talking about? Fuel tank inspections or going inside tailbooms or wings or going inside the bilges or crawl spaces in boats and ships.

what are you talking about? Fuel tank inspections or going inside tailbooms or wings or going inside the bilges or crawl spaces in boats and ships.

Bulk fuel or any other structures that would require
1) scaffolding
2) a man carrying out inspections in crawl spaces
3) inspections requiring rope accesss

Ive conducted inspections of cables, and replacement testing of fuel probes in aircraft fuel tanks.

And ive the lack of friends to prove it

I've done a handful of confined space stuff in aircraft fuel tanks (not any more,now, too tall and too fat) and tailbooms and so on but never required scaffolding. Usually only work at heights such as tail inspections or APU work requires the use of scaffolding if a specially made stand is unavailable. Ive also done work on oil rigs and land sites that did require scaffolding. As for crawling into fuel tanks, there was always a man outside,as the safety guy.

Latest Threads