Marines

does anybody , think its actually a good idea/ possible to go from civvy street straight into a royal marines commando training course

Yes, most potential booties have no previous military experience, and join straight from civvy street.

thanks, 1 more thing ive read into it, and i know you would go into a commando training course, with reasonable fitness, but do you have to be superman on entry, or will they improve your fitness.

ugly

LE
shortfuse said:
You dont want to be superman mate...

he was in a f ucking wheelchair, and that would make regains a tad clumsy.
Now there was justice, michael jackson aquitted of being a kiddie diddler whilst christopher reeves got the electric chair for riding a horse!

If you join straight away then you will have to put up with booty-issue ballgowns and lingerie. If you transfer in and do the all-arms course then you will have had the opportunity to sort out your own girlie kit for yourself.

Apparently RM-issue stuff is all Ann Summers cast-offs, chafes on the old you-know-whats. OTOH, the SBS wear Janet Reger. Who have their own concession in the NAAFI at Poole.

the Booties i've come across ...(pardon the pun) seem to prefer Playtex. i did hear a few mutterings about more foundation support ! Whatever that means

so all of the 'BOOTIES' you've 'COME across' prefer playtex..............
personally i wouldnt know but you obviously speak from experience

Armed_and_dangerous said:
so all of the 'BOOTIES' you've 'COME across' prefer playtex..............
personally i wouldnt know but you obviously speak from experience
I bet you are only 14........

Most sensible blokes motivate themselves and train for lympstone, if you just turned up its do-able but why see yourself off, you'll be with monsters who are fit as feck

But it is apparently progressive development of fitness they are looking for. They don't intend to break you in the first week

I knocked my job on the head and took six months just training and taking it easy before I went in.

But you don't have to be a supper hero on entry, just when you pass out!!

toodlepip
Thegimp

Supermen in the Booties!! haha, everyone knows the super dupers are medics, we wear Agent Provocateur!!

yeah it probably should. just about the only thing the navy has got going for it is the Royal marines
Nice nomenclature. I think you'll find the "navy" is the Royal Navy and what's wrong with the m of Marines.

fair enough jus trying to get some insight but never mind, if the armed forces are full of tossers like the ones posting, then i neednt even consider joining.
thanks but no thanks
another of your gems.

suggest you grow up a little bit, kiddo. calling soldiers t*ssers is very brave over the internet. think you might find the real thing a bit of a shock with your attitude.

it wasnt my attitude that started this, i was just interested in what you lot had to say but as per usual you just get ridiculed, which inturn turns into a slagging match.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
it wasnt my attitude that started this, i was just interested in what you lot had to say but as per usual you just get ridiculed, which inturn turns into a slagging match.
Listen kiddo. If you post immature innane cr@p in the NAAFI Bar (read what it says at the top) then expect to get riddiculed. Have you not read through any of the other threads. In Army speak that would constitute a recce, the idea being - is it safe! If you can't hack it here, how the hell do you expect to survive in the Army?

Grow up.

Have a look at the threads on this site. I think you'll find that it's called banter. When you've gone through puberty and if you do join you will come across it everywhere you go. There's a saying - "if you can't take a joke then you shouldn't have joined!" or in your case "if you can't take a joke, don't bother joining."

Plus check the warning out on the link for the NAAFI BAR "Look some of the stuff in here is really quite nasty. If you are easily offended - DO NOT ENTER."

Lesson in life - if something has a warning like that don't post here!

EDITED - SORRY LEGS I WROTE THIS AT THE SAME TIME YOU POSTED YOURS.