Marines train to tackle pirates

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Jan 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Cernunnos RSS:

Cernunnos is training to tackle a pie!

• Like Like x 4
  3. My recommendation would be to load the weapons first, before clearing the building/ship...school boy photo error!

4. Marines go airsofting

My Marines really benefited from the training provided by the US Coast Guard at their facility in Bahrain - the instructors were incredibly hospitable and approachable, whilst the use of Airsoft weapons added a level of realism to the scenarios that is difficult to achieve in the training environment.

5. It does say that PPE has to be worn when the weapons are loaded, so presumably they felt that the photo looked better in berets and no mags, than with mags and rapist masks on.

6. No naked roll mat fighting?

7. Never quite understood why the MoD don't employ that airsoft malarky for FIBUA (FISH). It's cheap enough.

8. Cernunnos RSS:

Cernunnos is considering approaching American agencies w.r.to outsourcing his pie eating training, from visual evidence they do seem to be the subject experts!

9. The jungle warfare school used to use air rifles and fencing masks.

10. Why airsoft?

why not simunition?

Gen question.

11. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Not in my day! We used live rounds, fired from elephant guns and all we had to protect ourselves was our skill. wits and a wet blanket!
    I was killed four times.

• Like Like x 2
  12. But you got better :D

13. Where are the pictures?

Cernunnos looking thoughtfully at pie while instructor explains pie situation

Cernunnos being defbriede after successfully eating pie

etc

etc

Rodney2q

14. Sounds like me and my mates as youngsters except we used cheap swimming masks hoping the glass would not break. Miracle we lived and even with our eyesight.

15. Simunition too "aggressive" for the Coasties. Just getting my hat......