Marines too 6 rifles

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by urikibolokov, May 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,
    im currently in the royal marines and im wanting to transfer to 6 rifles, i know this is a slight step down for me but I was wanting to know can this happen? My reasons for transfer are so i can develop my home life and social life

2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

what's wrong with raf regt? if you cant beat em join em :)

I doubt its improved but transferring is a nightmare - might be quicker to leave and rejoin
  3. Wah shield up.

Have you asked your boss?

Wah shield down.
  4. Clearly a piss take, but incase you're genuine, it's probably not wise to advertise the fact that you think you're 'stepping down' to RIFLES.

Said 'inferior' Rfn are likely to greet you in the time honoured regimental way of smashing fuck out of you. Just a thought........
    • Like Like x 3
  5. 6 Rifles are TA so are you wanting to transfer to Rifles then get a job as permanent Staff at 6 Rifles or just join as a (well-qualified) civvy?
  6. "Stepping down". If that's what you think, best to stop where you are! I doubt that you will fit in although you may well be filled in!

The last altercation I saw between a bootie and a green job was outside the disco at Aldergove in 77 when the two testosterone filled pair got into a ruck about a young Belfast bird who didn't really care who she was going to drop her knickers for but it was only going to be the one or the other.

The bootie adopted the kung fu I'm going to karate the fuck out of you stance and was amazed that a swift hard kick in the nuts put him writhing in agony on the floor so quickly.

The green job having swiftly disposed of the competition took the bird around the corner for a victorious knee trembler.

Booties? Green jobs shit em! :)
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Step down? Fuck off. Why would the Glorious Light Div want to accept a standard div?
  8. I took the 'stepping down' comment as refering to joining the TA- although I tend to agree with others who have pinged this as a shit wind-up.
  9. I added a little story that I recalled after I had written it just to put it into some context. :)
  10. The Royal Marines were formed in 1755 as marine infantry for the Royal Navy. However, it can trace its origins back to the formation of "the Duke of York and Albanys maritime regiment of foot" at the grounds of the Honourable Artillery Company on 28 October 1664.[SUP][2]
    There have always been marines, maybe not Royal. However, light infantry as a recognized formation? And Royal? Um. Would never ever have been a RM but Green Jacket... I would throw my Caubeen into the circle.
  11. Maybe he's RMR?.....agree with all the other comments though. You possibly also know about the 2 year posting to the Booties as an 'Infantry adviser' that used to be an RGJ thing? and I know of a few who spent a long att with 29 Cdo.

This was awhile least it was in the 90's
  12. Thanks for the irrelevant and unneccesary history lesson copied from wikipeadia, whats your point?
  13. History

The Marines have far more of a history than the Jackets. Who is to say who is the best. Not me for sure. The OP was wrong to state that he as stepping down but can you truly equate current day Light Inf to current day RM and their respective capabilities?
  14. Good news is everyone in 6 Rifles will now know any Booty transfers could be this tube.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Fuck. We're going to need a bigger circle.
    • Like Like x 1