• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Marines re-enact Cockleshell Raid

Two cadets did this a while ago, will see if I can find a scan of the Globe and Laurel page somewhere.

April this year, Sandhurst Officer Cadets on Op. Frankton.

All good clean fun. :)

Just as a matter of interest they used Royal Navy Divers in the 1954 film of Cockleshell Heroes. Met them all a few years back- great bunch of lads

Ceremonies are held every December down near Bordeaux. For more info on this year's events click RBL Bordeaux Branch then drop down menu upcoming events

Operation Frankton 2007

Wed 12th December

15h00 Wreath Laying Ceremony Frankton Quay Bordeaux

Thur 13th December

10h00 Wreath laying Château Magnol, Blanquefort

Fri 14th December

10h00 Beaunac (16) Unveiling of plaque

Sat 15 December 1430 Bois en Ré (17) Unveiling of plaque

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
jim4244 said:
"Marines re-enact Cockleshell Raid" - Thats Royal Marines to you!

:wink:
Bl00dy re-enactors. Walts, the lot of them! :twisted:

2 Drowned
2 Captured & shot
4 Betrayed & shot*
2 Got home

* Not one of the finest events in French history

Gas Gas Gas said:
2 Drowned
2 Captured & shot
4 Betrayed & shot*
2 Got home

But I thought that EVERYONE in France was part of the Resistance during WW2?.................

jim4244 said:
Gas Gas Gas said:
2 Drowned
2 Captured & shot
4 Betrayed & shot*
2 Got home

But I thought that EVERYONE in France was part of the Resistance during WW2?.................
My bold.
They were, but that (clearly) does not guarantee which side they were on! Still it must hurt having be pasted at Agincourt by a numericaly inferior army that was starving....