marines handed back

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ex-dvr1, Jun 24, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wahoooo!

Bet they soon give their A2s back when they have had a go.

Rincewind

2. Sounds like a no tea and digestives interview shortly 8O

But bloody good news they're out and safe. Interesting their captors kept them abreast of Euro 2004 though :D

3. pity i had a cunning plan which involved swapping trident for them. We get rid of a white elephant upset the yanks and israels and russians and make lots of money servicing it for them training crews etc etc

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Glad the rags saw the light and that the lads are back in 'safety'.

At least they'll get buns & sympathy back at their unit. NOBODY will rip the p!ss out of them

much......

:lol:

5. Congrats on safe return.

They looked good on TV while in captivity: stoic and seemingly unconcerned as if they were waiting in the lobby for a conference with their accountant.

6. The booties are getting into a habit of becoming geographically embarassed whilst attempting to navigate small boats. Do you suppose some twisted swine has been tampering with their GPS?

Or is it just incompetence?

I think we should be told...

7. Part of the problem is that the border there is defined as the thalweg - a boxhead term taken over into international law for the centre line of the deepwater channel. As the sands shift constantly, the channel does too and hence the border is in a different place every day.

8. Sorry, you get told off for using non-PC terms like that nowadays on ARRSE. Tsk tsk!

9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Ok, for the benifit of the pc-bde I'd better point out that 'rags' is an Urdu abbreviation for 'Camel jockeys'

:wink:

10. bit of a bugger if you signed for one of the boats
    doubt you can pick up a replacement from silvermans :lol:
    though there were some going cheap on ebay although postage isn't inculded :evil: