Marine to merge with Paras, more defence cuts inbound.

jim30

LE
Yup, there is an SDSR coming, and main building is now leaking like a sieve.

Today's classic pre SDSR story, so hot I've only seen it before in reporting for the 1998 sdr, the 2004 cuts, the 2010 SDSR and now is that the marines and paras will merge, the Gurkhas to be cut and the rn will only get up to 5 Type 26. It also mentions the SAS as 'sacred cows'.

In other words,it is clear that no decisions have been taken, but a legion of keen young staff officers have unlocked the safes holding the usual 'we're doooooooooomed' options papers and leaked them to an obliging journo again.
Plus ca change.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Fate of the Red Arrows uncertain too, I assume?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
But is the government funding for ARRSE going to continue at the same rate? ;)

but a legion of keen young staff officers have unlocked the safes holding the usual 'we're doooooooooomed' options papers and leaked them to an obliging journo again.
Well, they don't get overtime & with hours increasing to cover gapping, you've got to get your perks where you can...

Have the SNP webbed-feet started bleating that the outcome is unfair and discriminating against Scottish regiments and local infrastructure (xmt Faslane which is the Devil's spunk, of course) and that the Engleesh peegs are getting an unfair advantage and that under a Scottish parliament in an independant Scotland there would never be SDSRs, as the booming oil-fed economy would ensure oodles of money for all the needs of the Scottish Defence Force.

Oh, and it's discriminatory and unfair - even before it's announced.

The progenitors of special forces: the Marines and them with weird coloured red hats. We need one British Army and from that one Special Forces capability. TIER One the taped eyes, Tier two, Commandos, Get over it and save the money on parachute drops for things more important. I'll stand fast and not grab my coat nor hail a taxi.

Yup, there is an SDSR coming, and main building is now leaking like a sieve.

Today's classic pre SDSR story, so hot I've only seen it before in reporting for the 1998 sdr, the 2004 cuts, the 2010 SDSR and now is that the marines and paras will merge, the Gurkhas to be cut and the rn will only get up to 5 Type 26. It also mentions the SAS as 'sacred cows'.

In other words,it is clear that no decisions have been taken, but a legion of keen young staff officers have unlocked the safes holding the usual 'we're doooooooooomed' options papers and leaked them to an obliging journo again.
Plus ca change.

5 Type 26?... Disgusting.

How do you think they are going to fund the Chindits - sorry 77 Brigade

Archie

PFI ? British Army - sponsored by in association with Google and Reuters.

B

bokkatankie

How do you think they are going to fund the Chindits - sorry 77 Brigade

Archie

Now do not start, I have been thread blocked on the other one. They are not Chindits just 77 Bde, nothing to do with the Chindits. It is just media hype, how anyone in modern day media would know what 77 Bde did is beyond me!

jim30

LE
Oh FFS, give it a restbokka. No one out there gives the remotest of flying fucks about your ridiculous assertions on the Chindits other than yourself.

bealine

Clanker
I really cannot believe the stupidity of governments in general, and this government in particular, with the savagery of defence cuts:

We have the Falkland Islands on high alert. We have IS bragging about how many extremists they have managed to get into position in Europe and we're hell bent on cutting our forces right back?

Going to hell in a handcart - that's what we'll be doing, 'cos we'll have sold all our Land Rover Defenders off!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...re-sent-to-the-Falklands-for-a-security-boost

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer