Marine Issue Artic Square Indivdual Cooking Pot

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by sixty_three, Mar 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where I can get one of these as a surplus item?I think they might be issued with the Artic stove to the Marines ?
  2. saw some in Kit monster, IIRC. (No stoves, just the pot.) Can't remember the price, but not very expensive.

PS: They arent on the website, but they were up on ashelf behind the till, i think.
  3. Do you mean this one Walt?

I heard somewhere that they're not making them anymore, maybe keeping an eye on ebay might the best option
  4. Try again, you might get lucky on the 3rd go :oops:
  5. "Square Indivdual Cooking Pot"-- not a mess tin by any chance?
  6. Nay thats an oblong cooking pot.
    Do wonder what it looks like Pom ro.
  7. the things I saw were square, and big enought to hold a coleman peak multi fuel job.
  8. Anything like this:

Attached Files:

9. That'll be the carry case for the stove then. Top tip, don't use this for prepping water for brew or rations etc as you will end up with poisoning from any fuel that will remain in the container and you have a ring like a blood orange for days. It will do for boil in the bag though.

Just use a metal mug like every one else.
  10. Yes. Exactly like that.
  11. Concur with Strima - not a good idea to drink water boiled in the carry case.
    Fuel will leach into the aluminium and be released back into the water when you boil it.
  12. I had one of these tins but it was second hand and although i love brewing up with the taste of petrol, it got on my tits.
    My advice is try and find a brand spankers one and don't use it for the peak stove then it'll just taste like it does from a mess tin
  13. NSN 7310 99 792 6616 :D