marijuana.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_bloke, Nov 27, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't be silly.

Look at tobacco prices.... if they tried to charge those sort of prices for weed, they'd be undercut.

Once you take away the illegality, people, who regarded cannabis as bad now, would go for the cheapest option, if they wanted to try it.

Bootleg can always undercut......

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaManBugs

DaManBugs On ROPs Book Reviewer

But think what a boost it'd give to the security companies tasked with guarding all the licenced plots.:-D:-D:-D

It'd be like the Schöneberg rubbish dump in the GDR all over again.

MsG

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Thats actually a good argument against it - one of the fastest growing crimes in CA is theft of plants and robbery of dispensaries.

• Like Like x 1
  4. My brother's brain was and is shot to feck with smoking this shit, it's like Alzheimer's got him at 35; ex-Snowdrop as well. Anyone who touches cannabis is a retard, and dealers should be executed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  5. DaManBugs

DaManBugs On ROPs Book Reviewer

Do you actually have firm evidence that your brother's brain was "shot to fück" from smoking cannabis? I mean, not just what you suspect, but actual, verifiable proof.
    Sounds like a real plan there, fella. Have you any ideas as to how that might actually be carried out on a practical basis? After all, that's what the "prohibitors" have been trying to achieve for decades. Any better solution? And is it just cannabis dealers who should be subject to your summary justice, or dope dealers in general? Also, what would you do with the producers? Have you really thought the whole thing through, mush? Just asking, like.

MsG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Not to dispute your brothers' situation but the potential for damage is, as has been stated elsewhere in this thread, down to a number of variable factors.

Origin, other drugs used, amount used etc all count.

I know several people of my generation out here who smoke, or share a joint in the evening and have done since their teens, with no noticeable downside. The fact that many of these people mix with non-smokers day to day kind of underscores this.

The fact that six joints can (apparently) be purchased for the price of a bottle of Bushmills, and provide the same effect over weeks rather than days is also of benefit. Tinnitus and snoring are also reported to be eased with even modest use.

And here, W Canada, the stuff is smoked "neat", not mixed with tobacco.

Incidentally, I lost my older brother to drugs and booze about ten years back, poor sod crashed and was "stabbed" by the center rail of a three bar fence during a boozed up drive to Aylesbury.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. The illness strikes users who have been smoking regularly for a long time, with one study suggesting people would need to consume cannabis between three and fives time a day to develop CHS.

I'll pass this on but 3-5 joints a day is more than I'd recommend too.

3-5 tokes seems to do it for a lot of people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. I knew a bloke who did hash oil out in NZ. Went schizo and it was like having radio Comms with Mars with whatever personality was present. 2 minute delays on Tx/Rx.
    He had some kind of epiphany and stopped taking the stuff and notably improved over the course of a year. Still not all there, but miles better than he was.

• Like Like x 1
  9. First, it's a Heil story so details are, shall we say, incomplete and I couldn't find anything regarding the actual source of the article. (Don't bother trying to say "Ah, but it's in the Metro" as the Metro is just a rerun of tales from yesterday's Heil)

CHS was invented in 2004 and, as someone who has been using before CHS was invented and, despite the differing levels of "stoned", I have been I have never suffered anything like that so that's pointing to the issue being the individual or another factor (no mention of other drugs involved, or what was shovelled down their guts because of having the munchies, as examples). Like with any drug, prescription or otherwise, some people are "more sensitive" to some things than others, and to me that looks like a classic case of idiots taking in so much every time so they can reach the point of "hallucination" that they have become over sensitised and this is their body telling them to stop. We're back to "use" and "abuse" and, in my experiences, these are people who have been taking things to the extreme end regularly and we know taking anything to the extreme end rarely ends up being "a good thing".

Also, as someone who does use for pain relief, yes, we do want the strongest shit we can afford. If we need the effects of ALL the cannabinoids and not just CBD then we want the biggest bang for our buck as that means that the stronger it is the less you use to get the same effect, so that 5g you bought lasts longer. Buy the cheapest available, and it's gone in no time. So, yes, we will use the same new strains, even though, as has been pointed out before, the THC levels have hardly increased compared to days of yore but the cross breeding to provide more "efficient" strains has improved. The strain is important as well, but I guess it's difficult getting honesty about what you are actually getting in the UK. So,again, we're coming back to "use", "abuse", and the "individual", as by the standards of what they say are "heavy" use (number of joints per day) I should be in a rubber room "scromiting" out both ends like a puke scene on Family Guy.

There' a hell of a lot of factors we're not being told about, more information is necessary but, as I said, overdoing anything rarely ends up having a happy ending. And most people don't overdo it, in my experience.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. A very good post. However, I have a question pertaining to the points you've made ( and made well, I might add)

Lois or Meg?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  11. Neither