Maria Sharapova - druggie?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
A little less grunting at Wimbledon this year.

Bit hard on her (see what I did there).......she's been taking the same, approved and prescribed medicine for ten years.....and it was banned in January, but she didn't know.

Tough call.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
They are saying that as an athlete you are responsible for what goes into your body.

I know what I'd like to put in her body:rolleyes:

Looks like she hasn't kept herself up to date with the banned substances list. Genuine mistake on her part as she's been taking it for over 10 years...

However, if she's in need of some extra Testosterone in her system, I wouldn't say no to providing her with some.

While in the end it must be the athlete's personal responsibility - because otherwise it gives it gives all cheats a "get out of jail card" - I think the actual blame here probably lies with someone on her back up team whose job should be to keep on top of the detail of every new directive and regulation.

Totally believe she was on it for low magnesium levels, diabetes and heart issues, that the drug can be used to treat.
Not the drugs sport performance enhancing effect at all, oh no, not at all.
Russian drug cheat? Never.

Bit hard on her (see what I did there).......she's been taking the same, approved and prescribed medicine for ten years.....and it was banned in January, but she didn't know.

Tough call.
Loads of squaddies have said that over the years ..... thou they still lost their jobs

See, the thing is, her early declaration and apparent openness about it almost convinced me. But then there is the small point that she is based in the US and has lived there since she was about 10 (or something), and Meldonium is not approved by the US FDA. So, something isn't right.

Last edited:
Question. Why does Porsche need an ambassador, female or other wise?

Poor wee soul.

Everything I have ever taken or prescribed has been performance reducing not enhancing !!!
(I don't count army profen smarties)

Some years back - Had some routine workscreening bloods done after a week of manflu and paracetomol - only to asked if I had a drink problem...results had come back with a weird liver count. In those days I was ultra (ish) fit and didn't drink. Conclusion? Paracetomol feks your liver big time chaps.

The good news was that subsequent bloods came back clear once the stuff had leeched out me system and I remained the healthy (but miserable) individual that I was!!!