Margaret Thatcher to Sarah Palin: don't bother stopping by

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Virgil, Jun 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently (admittedly per Guardian) Palin's not just an embarrassment to a lot of Americans. Palin's an idiot and a danger to the conservative movement in the US as I think many of the more rational on the American right are thinking (and here).

Thatcher, for you Brits, is fondly remembered or at least highly respected by most Americans on the moderate to right of the political spectrum (and a few on the left I'd venture to say). I'd say she's probably second only to Churchill in her veneration here in the states.

LINK

Margaret Thatcher to Sarah Palin: don't bother dropping by

Allies of former prime minister regard darling of Tea Party movement as a frivolous figure unworthy of an audience

Sarah Palin wants to show to the Republican right that she is the true keeper of the Ronald Reagan flame by meeting the late president's closest ally on the world stage.
    A meeting with Margaret Thatcher in the centenary year of Reagan's birth would be the perfect way of launching her bid for the Republican nomination for the 2012 US presidential election.
    This is what Palin told Christina Lamb in the Sunday Times:
    I am going to Sudan in July and hope to stop in England on the way. I am just hoping Mrs Thatcher is well enough to see me as I so admire her.
    It appears that the former prime minister has no intention of meeting the darling of the Tea Party movement. Andy McSmith reported in the Independent this morning that Palin is likely to be "thwarted" on the grounds that Thatcher, 86, rarely makes public appearances.
    It would appear that the reasons go deeper than Thatcher's frail health. Her allies believe that Palin is a frivolous figure who is unworthy of an audience with the Iron Lady. This is what one ally tells me:
    Lady Thatcher will not be seeing Sarah Palin. That would be belittling for Margaret. Sarah Palin is nuts.
    Thatcher will show the level she punches at when she attends the unveiling of a statue of Ronald Reagan outside the US embassy in Grosvenor Square on Independence day on 4 July. This is what her ally told me:
    Margaret is focusing on Ronald Reagan and will attend the unveiling of the statue. That is her level.
    No doubt a rebuff from Thatcher will delight Andrew Sullivan, the creator of The Dish blog, who regards Palin as a dangerous lightweight.

2. I thought Thatcher was demented and wondering about the house looking for Dennis?

3. I'd think dementia would encourage a meeting, no?

4. Not if the creature doesn't know it's own name and sits in piles of shite looking bewildered.

5. A bit hard on Palin aren't you?

• Like Like x 4
  6. She'd be better meeting Brown, he sits in shit in a nappy and goes ga gaga ga ga, seemingly not knowing his own name.

7. Have I left my webcam on again?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Is she? I believe she now wanders her house reaking of piss and Teachers whiskey trying to remember what Day it is.

9. I wonder if she's got the capacity to understand the term 'dignity-stripper'?

10. I'd be hard on Palin Fnarr Fnarr!

11. Must be true, no one in their right mind would drink Teachers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bit ******* difficult considering she went teetotal at least 3 years before her husband popped his clogs,to help him as he had been told to give up alcohol for medical reasons!

Yet another anti Thatcher myth,generated by the great unwashed,if you had half her brain power you might be worth listening to.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Didn't say anything about her reaking of piss and trying to remember her own name?

14. Wonder if we'll get an extra bank holiday for her state funeral. I hope she pegs it in nice weather.

15. To be honest I'll be grateful if I get to her age and I'm not riddled with dementia and a weak bladder.
    Palin's a ******* liability though Obama must think he's having a wet dream that she's actually running. The very worst example of a Republican and sadly will take money and votes that could be far better employed to get a slightly less retarded one elected.

• Like Like x 2