Margaret Beckett MP, Chair of National Security Strategy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by HectortheInspector, Feb 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. According to the BBC, Margaret Beckett MP, has been elected as chairman of the newly formed Joint Committee of both Houses on the National Security Strategy.

Fortunately, most people have forgotten about the mess she left behind at MAFF.
  2. You can't say Chairman................................apparently !
  3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Splendid. Defence of the realm in caravans!
  4. Ah, Margaret Beckett - another politician that never let failure go to her head! We're doomed!!!
  5. ...for a few weeks.
  6. It's like the Night of the Un-dead. It doesn't matter what you do to her - she keeps coming back
  7. Why? Is somebody going to sit on her?

Yes, I know. Hat, coat - I'm outta here.
  8. The press may have forgotten the complete disaster she caused in the counteryside buit her victims
    have not.

The bankrupcies and suicides caused by nothing more than her own incompetence and bone stupidy will linger for generations.

Blair isn't the only one with blood on his hands.
  9. [​IMG]
  10. With national security being a serious issue these days shouldnt we be employing a 'subject matter expert' for this role?
  11. Where are you going to find a subject matter expert on National Security in this government? Admiral West perhaps - court martialled for (in)conveniently losing losing secret documents.
  12. What can poor Gorden do? he has the bigest group of complete waste of oxygen wonkers one could find, so he has to find somone who can at least read and write, so he chose this stupid bitch, as he has run out of worthwhile people in the government
  13. Read and write eh? That rules out anyone educated during Bliar's era of: 'Education. Education. Education'.

However, this really is another two fingers hoist in the face of the Armed Forces. I bet Mr. West RN is hugely pleased with this appointment into the bargain.

PS: What is 'National Security Strategy' and what does it do? If I display ignorance, so be it.
  14. My bold - A job tailormade for Alister Campbell methinks. There's a man who knows when a document needs a bit of sexing up.
    Unelected I hear you query? Since when has that consideration been of any relevance to NULiarbor?
  15. Not to mention the appalling levels of illiteracy she left behind.