Marco Simoncelli

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by the_guru, Oct 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Race red flagged in Malaysia. Subsequently cancelled. Marco was struck by Edwards and Rossi. Helmet flew off. I fear the worst.
  2. Brown Bread
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

That's a bugger!
  4. Hope not, he brought/brings a bit of pantomime to the sport whic is otherwise dominated by stoner running away with things.
  5. It has now been confirmed that Marco has passed away. A terrible day for the sport.
  6. What website confirmed guru as I'm not getting anything on yahoo?
  7. Sky news, breaking news.
  8. Just seen on sporting life, terrible terrible news he was a very talented rider and a great character.
  9. Various motor sport personalities have tweeted about his death in the last few minutes.

Edited to add - Footage is on Youtube already.
  10. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Much as I appreciate this place for breaking news. This is something I neither wanted or expected to see. I thought Simoncelli was great. Still like` Rossi even if he's on a go slow.
    If it's true it'l be a sad loss.
  11. And its not pretty, no suprise he passed.
  12. Nasty crash. Sad loss.
  13. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Christ Jesus, that's wicked. The poor soul. RIP Marco.
  14. Terrible. I think that Rossi will retire.
  15. RIP Marco. I just heard of this tragedy on the radio. A genuinely talented and interesting rider and personality. My thoughts go out to his family and to Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi, who must also be deeply upset.