Marching through Marlborough!

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Queensman, Jun 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good Luck to all those about to cause traffic chaos in the sleepy market town of Marlborough this morning!

Heaven knows what the link is between the Int Corps and the ancient borough - you'd have thought the Town's Elders would have picked a more shiny and 'military' mob to support - my one regret is not being able to slope off to admire the foot drill.

2. I'm just gobsmacked that a thread with the word 'marching' in a sentence that doesn't end in 'to the guardroom/gaol (jail in newspeak)' has actually been posted in this sub-forum. There'll be a lot of folk breaking out in a cold sweat I think.

3. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

There's a Waitrose there.

The only thing I miss about England ....except Wychwood, Wadworths 6x, Speckled hen on draught, cheap insurance, nothing going bang, no helicopters. Weather's better wee villages and towns completely unflagged and without special needs paintwork

4. Did anyone in the Corps go to the school?

Watch out for the robbing barstewards in the tea shops, only place I have ever been where a pot of tea for one costs more than a pint!

Edited to add: Sorry, sorry, can someone please get photographs so I can see if the traditions of the Corps are upheld and determine how many different forms of dress are on parade?

5. Red brick?????

6. It's a School called a College

7. I would dearly love to see some photo,s of that one.

When I first saw the thread title I thought it was referring to that centre of high class entertainment and fine drinking the Marlborough Club.

• Like Like x 1
  8. perhaps it's because British American Tobacco used to own Marlboro?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Parade went extremely well by all accounts. Well done RSM!

10. fcuk me , I thought he was dead !

11. Just watched it on the local news. Looked very smart, much better than remembrance day. Well done lads.

12. rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated :)

13. I am curious to know if the band honoured the late Franz von Suppe for allowing them to take the name of his most famous overture "Die Leichte Kavallerie", one of my personal favourites. I wonder if the Battalion could somehow trip out of step when it reaches its crescendo !!!

PS: MV

I went to School - but not that one - mine was definitely "approved"