Marches planned throughout Scotland as country prepares for annual Armed Forces Day

oldbaldy

LE
PARADES and events are being planned across the country to honour the nation’s servicemen and women as the fourth Armed Forces Day in Scotland was launched today.

• Celebrations will be held on Saturday June 30, with marches planned in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen, as well as many towns throughout the country

• parade will also be held in Dundee, where the 1st Battalion Scots Guards will receive the freedom of the city
continues:
Scotsman

a few wks ago (i assume it was for AFD as i noticed them shortly after this) small plastic crosses appeared on the railings of the squinty bridge/clydearc in Glasgow, each had the name of a soldier killed in afghanistan along with where it had happened. these were spaced about 1m apart and stretched right over the bridge on both sides.

whilst out walking today i noticed that some bastard had torn the cross pieces (with the names/locations on them) from around 50 of these and left them lying in the road and although i managed to recover and fix most of them as best i could some had obviously been blown away. bastards.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B OTC and ACF 1
V AGC, RAPTC and SASC 2
P Sports, Adventure Training and Events 12